Are you currently training to become a teacher? We have outstanding opportunities for you to start your career in our great schools providing excellent professional development and support in your induction years and beyond.
We are a small, innovative local authority that offers early career teachers exceptional career choices in our maintained schools and academies. We recognise that to invest in you is essential to the young learners you teach.
You will follow a managed induction programme supported by your personal mentor, to encourage you to reach your full potential throughout your career.
Our schools look for individuals who have the ability and imagination to inspire and challenge the children they teach to energise them to achieve their potential.
We recognise that to invest in you is essential to the young learners you teach.
What we offer:
Our well-resourced schools provide the setting for you to flourish and develop, and can offer:
- training developed in line with changing requirements and feedback from previous ECTs to form structured, professional but fun sessions enabling interaction and the ability to network with other ECTs.
- excellent and ongoing support and training at the start of your teaching career and into subsequent years, including courses for those who aspire to and are recognised in their own school as potential leaders.
- the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues from other schools in Bracknell Forest
Unlike with some agency placements, as an employee of a Bracknell Forest maintained school you receive pay in line with Teacher’s National Pay Conditions, this includes:
- London Weighting (fringe)
- Pay throughout school holidays
- Sick pay/maternity pay
- Pension scheme
- Option for July start for some ECTs
- Flexible staff benefits scheme including childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme including lifestyle savings
- Student loan repayments/Enhanced early career payment for certain secondary subjects
Bracknell Forest runs an online application pool system for secondary school applicants. Your details are circulated to the Headteachers at our secondary schools and schools interested in your application will contact you with suitable vacancy details and invite you for a school visit and interview. We will continue to match your application to school vacancies until you find a post which suits you.
Our schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people. School positions require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check because it involves contact with (or access to data concerning) children.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.