- Fixed term (August 2022 - to be extended to August 2023)
Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £16,000 - £24,000 depending on 2-3 days
- £16,000 - £24,000
Secondary Hub Lead for National Computing Hub job summary
Secondary Hub Lead for National Computing Hub
Role to start April/May 2022
3 days per week*, term time only, fixed term contract until August 2022, due to project funding. We are expecting funding to continue until August 2023 and will confirm this ASAP
Salary in the range £16,000 - £24000 actual (£45,000 to £46,000 full time equivalent)
In February 2020 Bohunt School in Liphook became a national Computing Hub, supported by the National Centre for Computing Education (NCCE). The driving ambition of NCCE is to ensure every child has access to a world-leading computing education, increasing the number of pupils in schools and colleges who study computer science at GCSE and A level, particularly girls and disadvantaged groups, to ensure there is a strong pipeline of digital skills in England. The Computing Hubs support these aims by providing high-quality support and training to primary, secondary and post 16 computing teachers in their areas.
The Secondary Lead in the Computing Hub is responsible for delivery of the aims of the NCCE for Secondary School/Post 16 children in the Bohunt Liphook Hub. The successful candidate will have a strong background in teaching computer science and/or ICT at Secondary level and be involved in, or committed to developing, networks of computing teachers.
* There is flexibility in the role and the possibility of either just two days a week for the right candidate, or the opportunity to do more delivery of courses and/or teaching at Bohunt School Liphook, to increase the role to full time.
As an employee of Bohunt Education Trust you will benefit from:
• A supportive team to work in.
• The opportunity to make a difference
• The chance to actively promote your career development in a growing Multi-Academy Trust
• Access to a defined benefit pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme, Retail and other discounts
Bohunt School, the founding school of Bohunt Education Trust and judged outstanding in all areas, is one of the top performing 11-18 schools nationally. It is located in attractive, open country on the edge of Liphook (40 miles from London) with easy access to the A3 between Guildford and Portsmouth.
For more information or an informal chat about the role, please contact Phil Avery, BET Director of Education on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please go to https://www.bohunt.hants.sch.uk/about/vacancies/, complete the application form for Teaching Staff and email it to email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 16 May 2022
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.