Secondary SEMH Specialist Teacher - Science Job information
Job Ref: R164 - Please quote on all correspondence
Start: 1stSeptember 2023
Salary: MPR1-6 £28,000 - £38,810
Location: Aspire Academy (near Bath)
Contract: Full time
Secondary Science teacher – SEMH Special School
Are you looking for a new challenge and exciting opportunity? This could be the job for you.
Aspire Academy is a school that provides a specialist provision for children and young people who have social, emotional and mental health needs. We are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher to deliver the curriculum to a secondary aged group.
The successful candidate will:
- be experienced and/or interested in SEN practices and provision with extensive knowledge of how to meet the needs of pupils with SEN or the capacity to gain this quickly
- have a great deal of enthusiasm and can motivate and inspire all pupils to learn
- have a passion for working with children with additional needs
- have excellent communication skills
- be flexible and have an interest in teaching a range of subjects
In return we offer:
- A supportive and enthusiastic staff team
- Fantastic students and a vibrant school community
- A school committed to excellence that values staff and students
- A competitive salary
- A full and varied CPD programme offering teaching and leadership development for our staff
- An opportunity to work in a supportive team from whom you can learn, develop and grow
- Wider opportunities to be involved across the Futura Learning Partnership
- An energised and professional working environment
- Benefits include; pension scheme, discounted sports centre/gym membership, free wellbeing support & medical cover, free on-site parking and cycle to work scheme.
Futura Learning Partnership is a partnership of schools which span 5 local authority areas: Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, North Bristol, North Somerset, Somerset and South Gloucestershire. Working together to provide a high quality educational experience for all students in their care and be a truly inclusive provider of 3-18 education in the area. We are a mixed MAT, comprising 6 secondary, 21 primary and a special school. We work in partnership with the Diocese of Bath and Wells, which brings considerable benefit to all our schools.
The closing date for applications is:23:59 on Sunday 18thJune 2023
Interviews are likely to be held soon thereafter.
No CVs or agencies please
If you are interested and would like to discuss further, or visit the school, please firstname.lastname@example.org would be delighted to hear from you.
- Download the JD/PS, Recruitment Pack
- Click on the ‘apply’ button within the vacancy advertised on the Futura Learning Jobsite
- Complete and submit your online application before the closing date.
PLEASE NOTE: Early applications are encouraged. Aspire Academy reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should the School be able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Futura Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Futura Learning Partnership will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.
This job post has expired.