- Job role
- Teaching assistant
- Working pattern
- Term time
36 hours per week, Monday to Friday (8.20am - 4.20pm)
- Contract type
- Annual or full-time equivalent (FTE) salary
- Scale 3, Spinal Column Points 7 - 10: £22,292 - £23,471 per annum
- Actual salary
- £18,841 - £19,838 Pro Rata
Are you looking for a job, which can fit around school working hours and holidays? Are you interested in supporting the next generation to be successful individuals and helping them to ‘let their light shine?’ If so then this could be the perfect role for you! Here at St Matthew Academy we are at an exciting stage on our journey to becoming a great school. The last Ofsted inspection (Autumn 2019) judged the Academy to be ‘Good’ across all areas and recognised the improvements made in all aspects.
We want to employ a member of our local community as a Teaching Assistant in the Secondary Phase of our All Through Academy. As a Catholic school, we are committed to ensuring our school becomes the heart of our local community. This is an ideal role for either an experienced Teaching Assistant or an individual looking for a new and exciting role with excellent training and support opportunities.
What does the role involve? The main aim is to support our teachers to deliver high quality learning experiences for all of our pupils and enabling their Light to Shine. Daily tasks will include:
• Assisting pupils with their educational and social development on an individual and group basis
• Liaising with the class teacher and SENDCo and contributing to individual plans for pupils
• Carrying out group and individual interventions
• Liaising with support agencies
• Fantastic pupils with enormous potential
• Staff who are supportive to each other and enjoy working collaboratively
• Personalised programme of professional development and coaching for all staff
• A modern building, in a delightful setting and excellent resources
• Excellent public transport and road links across London and Kent
• Fully equipped gym and fitness suite, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle-to-work scheme, Tech Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme
• A strong commitment to staff well-being
Our school motto is ‘let your light shine’ and we ensure that we live this vision every day.
This job post has expired.
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 4 to 16
- Education phase
- Primary, Secondary, 16-19
- School size
- 1018 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 16
About St Matthew Academy
St Matthew Academy is a diverse, vibrant Catholic all-through academy for girls and boys aged 4 to 16, where there are high expectations for everyone in our community. At St Matthew Academy our school motto is ‘let your light shine’ and we ensure that we live this vision every day at the academy by encouraging, promoting and celebrating success with all of our pupils in everything that they do. Our academy is situated between Blackheath and Lewisham in South East London, benefiting from excellent public transport and road links to all parts of London and Kent. Our magnificent buildings offer state of the art resources and the latest technology. Our primary and secondary phases are situated on one site allowing a truly unique all through setting with opportunities for transition, collegiate working and subject development.