Secondary Vice Principal - Enfield
The opportunity has arisen for an exceptional leader to take up the position of Founding Vice Principal at Wren Academy Enfield.
Wren Academy Enfield is a Free School which we plan to open in September 2020 with a first cohort of Year 7 students. The opening date is not yet confirmed as it is dependent on gaining planning permission for the new build in addition to receiving a funding agreement from the Department for Education (DfE).
When the school opens it will then grow a year group at a time to a total of just over 1400 students including a thriving Sixth Form, offering a range of academic qualifications. The school is to be located on the Chase Farm Hospital site situated to the north of Enfield, close to the green belt and the M25. Initially the school will be housed in temporary accommodation with an expectation that a full size purpose built secondary school will be ready for occupation by the first two year groups in 2022.
Wren Academy Enfield will be the second school to be opened by the Wren Academies Trust which is jointly sponsored by the London Diocesan Board for Schools and Berkhamsted School. This new school will be closely modelled on the highly successful Wren Academy Finchley but every effort will be made to ensure that a distinctive ethos and approach is created which matches the needs and aspirations of the students who join the school. The Vice Principal will take a leading role in all aspects of creating the new school and ensuring that systems and structures are put in place to enable all students to reach their full potential.
There will also be a strong focus on student well-being so that each individual is happy and secure to learn and thrive within a caring community.
We wish to appoint a colleague to this post who has:
• Outstanding leadership skills
• The ability to contribute effectively to the strategic development of a new school
• The drive and determination to set the highest standards in all aspects of the role
• A minimum of three years’ experience of being part of a secondary senior leadership team
• A strong teaching background with a track record of outstanding delivery up to GCSE and A Level
• Evidence of ambition and a commitment to continuing professional development
• The ability to maximise the performance of all students to ensure the very best progress is attained
Essential educational requirements
Degree level qualification
Candidates should have QTS status
Essential skills and experience
Substantial experience as a Senior Leader
• Children of colleagues working at Wren for over two years are given priority for a place in Reception or Year 7
• Career development opportunities in a successful and growing Multi Academy Trust with plans to expand further.
• Excellent professional development opportunities including support for programmes of further study and planned career development
• Free drinks and a lunchtime allowance
• Timetabled professional development time during the school day
• Planning and evaluation time during the school day
• Financial allowance for leading enrichment activities
About Wren Academy
Wren Academy is located in the London Borough of Barnet. It is sponsored by the Church of England and Berkhamsted School. The Academy has developed a strong reputation for outstanding teaching and learning, as demonstrated by our Progress 8 figure, which places us in the top 100 schools nationally. We are an all-through school with a thriving sixth form and a primary phase which opened in September 2015. The engaging curriculum and state of the art buildings have contributed to the Academy’s notable success. Wren is a MAT and plans are well advanced to create a new school in a neighbouring borough which will provide exciting professional development opportunities for all staff.
- Hilton Avenue, London, N12 9HB
- All Through
- Wren Academy website (opens in a new window)