Secondment opportunity for an Assistant Headteacher for Curriculum
3 days remaining to apply
Start date details
8 June 2023 at 11:59pm
26 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - 5 days per week
- Fixed term - 1 year
Full-time equivalent salary
- Leadership L7 to L11
- £51470 to £56796
What skills and experience we're looking for
This post is ideal as a secondment opportunity for someone seeking promotion from a middle leader position as a core subject lead.
You will gain a range of experience that will prepare you to apply for senior leadership positions.
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Assistant Headteacher to work with us and lead the curriculum across our school. We are seeking a dedicated and hardworking Assistant Headteacher who will be able to continue the work driving up standards towards good and outstanding. We are looking for a core subject specialist with experience of leading a team.
We are looking for an Assistant Headteacher who can:
- Join the Senior Leadership in our mission to gain good and outstanding provision
- Offer strategic support to the school under the direction of the headteacher
- Deliver a curriculum with highly skilled differentiation and a strong focus on pupil engagement and creativity
- Show dedication and patience in working with pupils with behavioural, emotional and social difficulties
- Show commitment to understanding and improving the life circumstances of all our pupils.
- Be an excellent team player
- Deliver outstanding provision to raise the attainment and achievement of our pupils
- Have high aspirations for all of our pupils
- The ability to assess the progress of learning, keep accurate assessment data and the potential to analyse the data
- Rise to the physical and emotional challenges of teaching students who are disaffected with education
- Help our students make accelerated progress towards national expectations in all subjects
What the school offers its staff
The Sheffield Inclusion Centre provides education and emotional/social support for young people who have been permanently excluded from mainstream schools. We work with all key stages, KS1 to KS4. We have to be holistic in our approach as we work not just with the individual, but with the family and ensure a team around the young person is in place at a very difficult time. The majority of our young people have experienced trauma and as such we are very much a trauma informed school. The aim is for young people to reintegrate back into mainstream education. We also support mainstream schools with preventative provision in order to slow down the rate of permanent exclusion across the city. No two days are the same. You will need to be a good team player, but confident to work on your own initiative. We will not pretend that this is not challenging place to work but it is also one of the most rewarding and professionally fulfilling.
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 388 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Sheffield Inclusion Centre
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 5 to 16
- School size
- 162 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Sheffield Inclusion Centre website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Arranging a visit to Sheffield Inclusion Centre
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Oakfield Park School
Barnsley Road, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, WF7 7DT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Sheffield