- Fixed term (1 Year)
- Grade 6 - £20,444 - £22,571 FTE
SEMH Teaching Assistant job summary
HEADTEACHER - MRS EMMA WARD
CONTACT INFORMATION - 01733 232949 firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION - Social, Emotional and Mental Health specialist TA
HOURS REQUIRED - Temporary for one year - 30hrs per week (negotiable) 8:30am - 3:30pm
SALARY - Grade 6 - £20,444 - £22,571 FTE
RESPONSIBLE TO - SENCO
REQUIRED START DATE - September 2022 or earlier if possible
Leighton Primary School is looking for a SEMH specialist teaching assistant to work with children who require support to regulate their feelings and emotions.
We are looking for a resilient individual who has experience supporting young people overcome barriers to learning and help them to develop self esteem and confidence.
They will be calm, patient and have excellent behaviour management strategies. The candidate must have had experience supporting children who display difficult behaviours and are well versed in calming strategies as well as a range of different techniques and strategies to help children when they are dysregulated. They will be reliable, dedicated and have a sense of humour.
The successful candidate will be:
- a positive role model
- effective at managing behaviour
- happy engaging in sport activities
- an effective communicator
- flexible and creative
- patient and realises the importance of fresh starts
- willing to work across different settings.
We can offer you:
- Support from the SENDCO
- Professional development
- A welcoming school with fabulous children that reflect the cultural diversity of our city.
- A comprehensive programme of induction and professional development to ensure you are fully supported.
- An additional Well-Being Day
- A generous discretionary leave policy
- A friendly, fun and dedicated staff team committed to improving outcomes for children.
Our key purpose is to seek excellence in everything we do and ensure that all children experience enjoyment in their learning. We aim to achieve this through:
- Our partnerships and relationships
- Activities, experiences and approaches
- Our environment and resources
- Attitudes and aspirations
All applications must be supported by a school application form, a letter of application (no more than 2 sides of A4 paper)and two professional references. We will contact you by email if you have been successful in obtaining an interview.
Please contact Charlotte Neville (PA to the Headteacher/HR Manager) to find out more information email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 24th June 2022 at 12pm
Interview date: Thursday 30th June 2022
Leighton is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance check and 2 positive references.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.