We have a reputation for supporting children with SEN and/or SEMH through our inclusive Christian ethos. This was reflected in our recent Ofsted inspection. Part of our provision includes an additional support class for children with social and emotional difficulties. They receive a high quality curriculum within a mixed age small group and integrate with their peers back in their main class for some lessons over the week.
We value our staff team who are creative, flexible and committed to improving the life chances of our children.
Our children attend the support often because they have faced high level of trauma and can exhibit challenging behaviour when they don’t know how to express their feelings. They need staff who will love them, whatever their behaviour, but will also have high expectations, be compassionate, fair and consistent in approach. While it will not be an easy job, it will be incredibly rewarding.
The ideal person will;
- Have experience in, or a passion for working with students with challenging behaviour or within a PRU/SRB environment
- Have knowledge or understanding of how to apply therapeutic interventions within a SEMH context
- Have experience, training in or at least awareness of ACEs, Trauma Informed Practice or Step on Norfolk training
- Be flexible, proactive and patient
- Be nurturing in their approach and interventions
- Be able to communicate effectively within a team
- Be committed to working full time
- Have a Background in Education, Care, Social work, Psychology or Drama, as these are very transferable.
Working within our trust will also give you additional benefits including eye care and dental care.
For further information please contact Kate Haley (Deputy Head Teacher)
The safety and well-being of children is central to our ethos, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide references and undertake the Independent Safeguarding Authority checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and child protection practices of the Trust.
This job post has expired.