- Job role
Suitable for early career teachersSEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Key stages
- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Full time
32.5 hours a week.
- Contract type
- £29,916.00 - £41,136.00
We are seeking to appoint a Special Educational Needs Teacher across Newbridge School who would enjoy working in our outstanding school with incredible pupils and staff. We are looking for hardworking, and enthusiastic professionals who have the ability to work with pupils with severe learning difficulties and disabilities and/or autism.
All pupils across the trust have complex learning needs, and may have associated;
• Medical needs
• Physical disabilities
• (Multi) Sensory Impairments (MSI)
• Autistic Spectrum conditions
• Challenging behaviours and sensory processing/sensory integration needs
We are looking for someone who;
• Holds QTS
• Is an outstanding teacher with excellent subject/curriculum knowledge
• Is fun, creative and enthusiastic, who can think outside the box
• Has experience of working with children and/or young people with complex needs
• Has experience of supporting children and/or young people with Multi-Sensory Impairments and disabilities and who may display behaviours of concern
• Has a strong working knowledge of child development
• Can support individual pupil needs with a range of specialist teaching and learning strategies (such as TEACCH, PECS, Attention Autism, multi-sensory curriculum, Sensory Integration, Intensive Interaction and teaching within specialist MSI environments)
• Is proactive and able to collaborate with a range of stakeholders to devise and deliver individualised educational programmes
• Has lots of energy and can demonstrate resilience and adaptability as/when pupils need it
SEN 1 (£2,274.00) - SEN 2 (£4,479.00) depending on experience.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 2 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 151 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 19
About Newbridge School
Newbridge School, founding school of Astrum Multi-Academy Trust, is a three times ‘Outstanding’ community special school catering for up to 154 children and young people between the ages of two and nineteen years.
We are committed to the professional development of our teaching team and are dedicated to providing a range of Induction and CPD opportunities to the successful candidate and look forward to hearing from applicants. We welcome applications from teachers who are due to qualify this summer who are looking for a supporting, nurturing environment to complete the NQT process.
Arranging a visit to Newbridge School
If you would like to discuss this opportunity or arrange a visit, please call Sue Jeffery Head of Newbridge Lower School, or Acting Head of Upper School, Angela Murphy on 020 8590 7272.