SEN & Disabilities Teacher 0.8 F.T.E.
Would you like to join an outstanding school where the emphasis is on learning and teaching, staff development and teamwork? Would you relish the opportunity to be at the heart of our journey to go ‘beyond outstanding’?
The school has an excellent SEND department and provides a broad and challenging curriculum for all of our students, regardless of their specific needs. We are looking to appoint a dedicated and skilled teacher who has a passion for supporting all students to achieve their full potential, both academically and socially.
• a qualified teacher with experience of teaching Maths;
• consistently delivering good lessons with the potential to be outstanding;
• passionate about teaching students with SEND;
• naturally positive and forward looking;
• adaptable and flexible;
• a team player committed to personal excellence for students, colleagues and yourself?
We can offer you:
• an outstanding and forward looking school with stunning and unrivalled facilities;
• a professional, dedicated and supportive environment;
• a supportive staff and Senior Leadership Team;
• a school renowned for outstanding professional development opportunities;
• a school community committed to corporate excellence.
Essential educational requirements
B.Ed Hons or B.A./B.Sc Hons with PGCE
Qualified Teacher Status
B.Ed Hons or B.A./B.Sc Hons with PGCE.
Evidence of continuing professional
development relevant to the role
Knowledge of the National Curriculum
across Key Stages 3 & 4.
Essential skills and experience
Teaching Maths in a SEND setting
Teaching other subjects within SEND provision
Teaching students with a broad range of needs
Managing students who behaviour and attitudes can be a barrier to learning
Communicating effectively with pupils, parents and carers
Planning and teaching well-structured lessons
Setting high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge students
Promoting good progress and outcomes
Making accurate and productive use of assessment
Having a keen interest in your own development in Learning and Teaching
Putting well developed interpersonal skills to good use
Leading extra-curricular activities
About The Radclyffe School
The Radclyffe School is a popular 11-16 maintained Foundation (Co-operative) Trust school in the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham. The Governing Body has direct responsibility for the employment of staff, its finances, the running of the school and the outcomes it achieves. It is a larger than average secondary school with 1500 mixed gender students on roll. The school is full in every year group. Over 70% of students are from ethnic minority backgrounds, most of whom are of Pakistani or Bangladeshi heritage. Some 30% of students qualify for free school meals or a clothing grant to help with the purchase of school uniform. We are proud that in an Ofsted inspection in November 2015, we were judged to be an Outstanding School, Outstanding in every category.
- Hunt Lane, Oldham, Greater Manchester, OL9 0LS
- LA Maintained School
- The Radclyffe School website (opens in a new window)