Brooklands School is looking to appoint an inspirational and highly motivated SEN English Teacher with a real passion and determination to make a significant difference in every lesson.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of outstanding and engaging lessons with small classes of students with special educational needs across years 5 to 8 and will be able to effectively assess students against learning outcomes and ensure effective progress is made in English/Literacy. They will be responsible for the pastoral care and welfare and will have high expectations of pupil behaviour and outcomes.
An ideal candidate will have:
• Excellent subject knowledge and proven track record of raising attainment
• The abilities and skills to engage, enthuse and challenge learners
• Demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
• Have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
• Be committed to Brooklands Academy’s ethos of ready, respectful, safe
• Specific English Language subject knowledge
• Specific experience of teaching reading and writing skills through a phonics programme and topic based learning.
• Experience with SEND students
Ideally required from Easter 2021 but we will consider a September 2021 start for the right candidate.
Applying for the job
An application form can be downloaded from the school website - www.brooklandsschool.co.uk
575 pupils enrolled
9 to 13
About Brooklands Middle School
At Brooklands our aim is to provide a caring, safe, secure, happy and protective environment in which each child can develop their full potential. This is encapsulated in our mission statement “Ready, Respectful, Safe”.
Arranging a visit to Brooklands Middle School
Visits to the school are usually welcome from prospective candidates but due to Covid restrictions please contact the school office if a visit is required.
Telephone: 01525 372018
Brooklands Drive, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, LU7 3PF