20 days remaining to apply
Start date details
11 April 2023 at 11:59pm
15 March 2023
- Higher level teaching assistant
- View all Full timejobs - Actual Salary £22,984.61-£24,534.32 (38 weeks per year, 40 hours per week)
Full-time equivalent salary
- Grade 4 (Outer London): £25,629-£27,357 FTE
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Pension Scheme (LGPS) + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
Inspire and transform learning with us. Support local children as a SEN Higher Level Teaching Assistant at Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park.
The successful candidate will have:
- GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths – Grade C or above;
- NVQ Level 3, or equivalent;
- Good knowledge of a range of learning barriers including special needs;
- Experience of contributing to and assessing of provision for children with a range of needs;
- Some knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Basic knowledge of SEND and learning barriers
- Some knowledge of strategies in working with young people with challenging behaviours
- Knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues in the workplace.
- Experience of working directly with young people in an education or training environment, supporting the learning of students.
- Experience of establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, at all levels.
- Experience of managing and being responsible for own workload.
What the school offers its staff
Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park is an Outstanding primary academy in the heart of Tottenham and we have high expectations and aspirations for your children. All our staff aim to give every child an exceptional education providing support, care, enrichment and challenge as they come through our doors. We give them opportunities to enjoy their learning and prepare them for future academic success as well as happy lives. We have a unique creative curriculum, a clear vision, high expectations, strong moral values and a love of learning. Our academy is a multi-cultural, multi-faith family where children learn together. They respect and value each other.
We also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for non term-time only employees, and many other benefits.
Further details about the role
Support for Students
- Assess the needs of students and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support students' learning.
- Establish productive working relationships with students.
- Develop and implement IEPs
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students.
- Support students consistently whilst recognising and responding to individual needs
- Encourage students to interact and work co-operatively with others.
- Promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance
- Provide feedback to students.
Support for Teachers
- Teach small groups or whole groups.
- Provide detailed verbal and written feedback on lesson content, student responses to learning activities and student behaviour.
- Motivate and progress students' learning by using clearly structured, interesting teaching and learning activities.
- Organise and manage appropriate learning environment and resources
- Within an agreed system of supervision, plan challenging teaching and learning objectives to evaluate and adjust lessons/work plans as appropriate.
- Monitor and evaluate student responses to learning activities.
- Provide objective and accurate feedback and reports as required.
- Record progress and achievement in lessons/activities systematically and providing evidence of range and level of progress and attainment.
- Work within an established discipline policy to anticipate and manage behaviour constructively, promoting self-control and independence.
- Supporting the role of parents in students' learning and contribute to/lead meetings with parents.
- Administer and assess/mark tests and invigilate exams/tests.
- Production of lesson plans, worksheet, plans etc.
Support for the Curriculum
- Deliver learning activities to students within agreed system of supervision.
- Deliver local and national learning strategies and make effective use of opportunities provided by other learning activities to support the development of students' skills.
- Use ICT effectively to support learning activities and develop students' competence and independence in its use.
- Select and prepare resources necessary to lead learning activities.
- Advise on appropriate deployment and use of specialist aid/resources/equipment.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 446 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 020 8808 2045
About Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park is in the heart of Tottenham, serving a diverse inner city community celebrating a wealth of language and cultures. In 2017/18, we were the highest performing primary academy in the Harris Federation, and in the top 3% in the country for progress.Our Academy opened in September 2012; one of the48academies within the Harris Federation. All our staff aim to give every child an exceptional education providingsupport, care, enrichment and challenge as they come through our doors. We give them opportunities to enjoy their learningand prepare them for future academic success as well as happy lives. We have a unique creative curriculum, a clear vision, high expectations, strong moral values and a love of learning. Our academy is a multi-cultural, multi-faith family where children learn together. All of our staff are primary specialists and we work together to promote the core values of the Academy and make sure that our children are safe and happy. The Executive Principal of our Academy is Mrs Joanne Taylor and assisted by Vice Principals, Mrs Sinem and Ms Martin. The Chair of Governors is Mr Mario Barosevcic. 'We believe that confidence,self esteemand strong moral values are the keys to successful futures; that all children can make a difference in the world they live. Therefore at HPACP we develop a ‘can-do’ attitude; empowering every member of the school family to embrace challenge, take risks and aspire to achieve… ‘exceedingly, abundantly, above all we can think or imagine.' - HPACP Mission Statement Why work at Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park? A supportive environment of excellent teachers and support staff Enthusiastic, well behaved and motivated pupils A creative, enriched curriculum where science, ICT and arts matter A wealth of events and school trips to engage children in the richness of London’s cultural heritage. Outstanding progress and outcomes for all children
Similar jobs nearby
Millennium Primary School
50 John Harrison Way, London, SE10 0BG
HLTA – SENd Unit - Wood End Park Academy
Wood End Park Academy
Judge Heath Lane, Hayes, Middlesex, UB3 2PD
Cheam Fields Primary Academy
Stoughton Avenue, Sutton, Surrey, SM3 8PQ
Higher Level Teaching Assistant/Cover Supervisor
Southborough Primary School
Southborough Lane, Bromley, Kent, BR2 8AA
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London