SEN TA (1 to 1)
25 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
30 June 2023 at 9am
18 May 2023
- Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Part timejobs - 28.75 hours per week Monday to Friday, 08:30am to 3:30pm
- Fixed term - Linked to the attendance of a particular student (1-3 years)
- £14,548 to £15,081 pro-rata per annum
What skills and experience we're looking for
Seething and Mundham Primary School is looking to appoint a reliable individual as a Teaching Assistant to join our successful and happy team.
This role is linked to one specific high needs child at the school and hence is fixed term for the duration of their attendance. The appointed teaching assistant will fulfil general classroom assistant work and does not need SEND experience to apply, although this would be desirable.
The personal competencies expected of all support staff are:
- The ability to communicate clearly and tactfully using appropriate methods and an awareness of the impact of your own communication on others;
- Able to maintain positive relationships with all and able to work as an effective and flexible part of a team; willing to change methods of work and routines to benefit the team;
- Willingness to accept responsibility for your own actions; the ability to prioritise effectively, meet deadlines and accept challenges.
The personal competencies expected for the role are:
- Engages with pupils appropriately and works with the best interest of pupils in mind;
- Able to work with minimum supervision;
- Understand statutory requirements and policies;
- Able to maintain confidentiality appropriately;
- Able to work as part of a team.
The qualifications and previous experience required for the role are:
- A good level of literacy and numeracy is essential;
- Previous experience working with children, preferably primary school age, in a classroom or similar environment is desirable.
What the school offers its staff
At Seething and Mundham Primary School we feel that a joined up whole school life approach to teaching meets the needs of our learners best, it can be seen in many facets of school life. British Values are intrinsically built into the heart of our wider curriculum which is designed to meet the bespoke needs of our children. Taking this layered approach, we feel has the greatest impact on our children, and ultimately helps drive us towards delivery of our shared values: Respect, Empathy, Honesty and Tolerance.
We can offer:
- a ‘nature, nurture, flourish and fly’ approach to lessons and learning beyond the academic
- well-motivated children
- a friendly, supportive team of colleagues
- wider opportunities for personal development and support through the Sapientia Education Trust.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Seething and Mundham Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 95 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Seething and Mundham Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed