We're an Academy with a big heart. Staff work closely as a team and pride themselves on never giving up on a pupil. This is, however, a challenging environment where resilience and a deep commitment to supporting young people with Special Educational Needs are paramount.
Wishmore Cross Academy, part of the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), is a residential special school in Chobham, Surrey, for boys aged 9 to 16 years who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties. We can admit up to 70 boys and can offer up to 14 residential places (including extended days) on a flexible basis for up to 4 nights per week.
Working with us:
- We are looking for a passionate, motivated and dedicated SEN Teacher who can teach a variety of subjects.
- You will work with our young people and help them achieve the best possible outcomes within KS2 and KS3. You will have passion for their subject and will have a creative, inspirational approach to delivering the curriculum.
- We have experience of supporting staff through their NQT year and we would be happy to consider applications from NQTs. We would also consider job share or part time applications.
- The successful candidate will have a good degree and some knowledge of specific learning difficulties and a variety of behaviour management strategies to support children would be an advantage.
We can offer you:
- Subsidized staff housing for an exceptional candidate!
- An extremely friendly, supportive and caring team who all work together
- An approachable and welcoming Senior Leadership team who are actively involved in the day to day running of the school
- Free school lunches
- Free on-site parking
- Excellent CPD courses including Safeguarding, MAPA and Health and Safety
- The opportunity to develop your education career; Wishmore Cross has a track record of developing, progressing and training up staff via the School Direct programme.
- Wellbeing - we provide experiences, social learning and formal programmes that enable staff to develop new skills, and to work, collaborate, learn and develop with colleagues across our large AET network. There is also regular support and supervision for staff to ensure they remain at the peak of their emotional well-being.
We warmly welcome candidates to come and see what makes Wishmore Cross so special. Please contact the school on 01276 857555 to arrange a time to pop in.
In each of the AET academies, including Wishmore Cross, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be offered membership of a Health Cash Plan.
This position is required to commence from 25 February 2019
Closing date: Monday 11 February 2019
Essential educational requirements
This role requires an undergraduate degree.
This role requires QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
Essential skills and experience
Experience teaching or working with children or young people with SEND, especially SEMH/ EBD.
About Wishmore Cross Academy
- Alpha Road, Woking, Surrey, GU24 8NE
- Not Applicable
- Wishmore Cross Academy website (opens in a new window)