We are looking for an excellent SpLD (Specific Learning Difficulties) teacher to join this team, to teach in our school funded resource base class (The Treehouse) and to work across the school supporting children with SEN.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
- Has high expectations;
- Has had significant experience of supporting children with specific learning disorders;
- Has a Post Graduate Diploma in SpLD or equivalent or significant experience and a willingness to train for this role
- Is energetic and enthusiastic;
- Is keen to join our hardworking, committed and friendly team;
- Is able to meet the needs of all pupils.
About Acacias Community Primary School
Acacias CPS is situated in the area of Burnage, some 4 miles south of the centre of Manchester and close to the Stockport boundary. The area is predominantly 1930’s semi-detached housing and whilst mainly privately owned there is also a fairly large local authority housing estate from which the school draws pupils. The school population reflects the local area and over 70% of children have English as an additional language. There are currently over 470 pupils on roll of which 10% are known to be eligible for free school meals. The partnership with parents, carers and the community and their involvement in the children’s learning is strong. Favourable comments have been made about the approachability of teachers and other staff, who are receptive to concerns and open to suggestions for improvements. Ofsted says ‘Parents commonly talked about the efforts staff make to support pupils’ learning and well-being. A typical comment was ‘The staff are incredibly hardworking and enthusiastic, and always have time to speak to parents about any concerns.’
- Alexandra Drive, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M19 2WW
- LA Maintained School
- Acacias Community Primary School website (opens in a new window)