- Job role
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Inner London main scale - £32,157 - £41,792
You will be required to:
1. Plan, resource, deliver, monitor and review progress for children with SEN on individual /group programmes within the classroom or as part of a withdrawal strategy.
2. Develop and implement teaching strategies to ensure early intervention of students with special and additional needs.
3. Provide specialist skills and knowledge, at an advanced level, to encourage pupils with SEN to benefit from the planned learning activities
4. Ensure that ICT, Literacy, Numeracy are reflected in the teaching/learning experience of SEN students that you teach.
5. Use a variety of delivery teaching methods which will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and demands.
6. Report on students’ progress and attainment to parents, carers, other professionals and students' as appropriate.
7. Assess students’ work, record and report their progress in line with the departmental and school assessment policy.
SEN allowance £2,270
Applying for the job
For further information and an application form please visit our website www.ephs.ealing.sch.uk and forward completed forms to Ms Wendy Henderson, the Headteacher’s PA on email@example.com More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 1507 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
About Elthorne Park High School
Elthorne Park High School is a successful and significantly oversubscribed 11-18 mixed school with 1300 students including 250 in the Sixth Form, based in Ealing. A high-performing school that has risen to become one of the top performing schools in West London and inside the top 200 in the country, we are continuing to improve. That’s a reflection of our exceptional teaching team, as well as our students who are not only thoughtful and resilient, but also hardworking and eager to learn.
With a new £14 million state of the art building equipped as a centre of excellence, we can offer a range of outstanding resources – including 10 bookable ICT suites, a faculty-wide Wi-Fi network and interactive whiteboards in every classroom. What’s more, we have a highly effective behaviour management system in place, so you’re able to focus on that you do best: teaching.
We are planning an exciting future and if you would like to be part of it, you can look forward to research based coaching and development tailored around your needs and aspirations. We want ambitious teachers like you to stay with us for the long-term, so you will have access to a comprehensive wellbeing package and we will do everything we can to help you be the very best you can be.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate with a proven track record of delivering high quality provision leading to excellent outcomes for students with special needs.
Arranging a visit to Elthorne Park High School
There are no school visits at the moment. Shortlisted candidates will be given of the tour of the school on the day of the interviews.