- Experience of teaching pupils with learning difficulties in Key stages 1 and 2
- Successful experience of training & supporting a wider group
- Knowledge of specific approaches to working with children with learning difficulties such as TEACCH, PECS, intensive interaction
- Experience of working in partnership with parents
- Ability to delegate
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum, recent curriculum developments, and its relevance to children with needs
- Knowledge of current national frameworks for education and special educational needs
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of our children
- To be a positive role model and lead by example
- Have resilience, be reliable and self-reliant
What can we offer you?
Competitive salary with regular
Opportunities for CPD
Free on-site parking
Support and training
Monday – Friday working pattern
Excellent development opportunities to grow
within a positive and supportive team
Employee Assistance Programme
Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Possibility of a permanent position on successful completion of the fixed term post
Located on the edge of the city of Southampton, Springwell
School is adesignated day special school for children aged from 4 - 11
years with complex learning difficulties including speech and language
disorders, autism and challenging behaviours.
Our school encourages a supportive and positive learning ethos
that enables both staff and pupils to work and learn together to develop their
full potential, providing the highest possible standards of education and
support to children, families and staff.
We are seeking to appoint a Maternity Cover Teacher to join us
from April 2023 until the 28th March 2024, with the possibility of a
permanent post following a successful fixed term position. You should have
drive and enthusiasm and can make an immediate contribution to the way our
pupils learn and engage. The pupils in our school have a diverse range of
complex needs, so strong interpersonal skills and innovative techniques are a
The successful candidate will work with an excellent staff team
who are both forward thinking and innovative, and who have high expectations of
themselves and the pupils they support. A well-developed induction programme
will provide in depth support and guidance.
School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and
expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment
will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process including an enhanced
disclosure and barring service check. All shortlisted applicants will be
subject to a full social media check.
This job post has expired.