What will you need?
- have QTS / newly
- experience of teaching pupils with complex learning difficulties
- be prepared to teach in any area of the school
- to be able to lead a small team of special school assistants
- have an imaginative approach to the pupils education to meet their specific
- evidence of CPD and commitment to further training
- Understand the importance of safeguarding and confidentiality
Amongst other things
this individual must;
- Be a positive role model and lead by example
- Have high aspirations and a commitment to excellence for all
- Reliable and self-reliant
- Be committed to working with pupils, parents and staff to raise standards
- Have resilience
Please refer to the Job Description and Person
Specification for the full responsibilities and knowledge required for this
What can we offer you?
- Opportunities for
- Free on-site
- Support and
- Excellent development opportunities
to grow within a positive and supportive team
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Pension Scheme
- Uniform provided (optional)
- Access to staff benefits
Located in Thornhill on the edge of the city of
Southampton, Springwell School is adesignated day special school for children
aged from 4 - 11 years with complex learning difficulties including speech and
language disorders, autism and challenging behaviours.
Our school encourages a supportive and positive
learning ethos that enables both staff and pupils to work and learn together to
develop their full potential, providing the highest possible standards of
education and support to children, families and staff.
We are looking to recruit an exceptional and
inspirational teacher to join our school in January 2024 to provide our
children with outstanding education. We
are looking for an engaging individual who have the desire, drive and
enthusiasm to make a difference to our pupils’ lives and who can make an
immediate contribution to the way our pupils learn and interact. They should be
dynamic in their approach to making learning fun and accessible for all pupils.
In our recently published Ofsted inspection report (June
2023), we are exceptionally proud to be maintaining our Outstanding rating for
the 4th consecutive time with Ofsted commenting, ‘Staff are proud to work in the school. One said,
‘We’re a really strong team’. They feel that leaders are thoughtful about
workload and responsive to feedback.’
No two days are ever the same, sometimes they are challenging,
but always positive!
The successful candidate will work with an excellent
staff team who are both forward thinking and innovative, and who have high
expectations of themselves and the pupils they support. We value our employees
and ensure our well-developed induction programme provides in depth support and
guidance to you.
Springwell School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check. Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre-employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.
This job post has expired.