SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT
10 days remaining to apply
Start date details
ASAP following pre-employment checks
8 June 2023 at 11:59pm
8 May 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2, Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Part timejobs - Monday - Friday, 32.5hrs/week, Mon 8.40am-4.30pm, Tue/Wed 8.40am-3.10pm, Thurs 8.40am-4.20pm, Fri 8.40am-3.10pm Term-time only (195 days/year)
Full-time equivalent salary
- TAL1 £20441, TAL2 £20812
- TAL1 £15426, TAL2 £15706
What skills and experience we're looking for
TEACHING ASSISTANT L1 & L2 ROLES AVAILABLE
Please make it clear on your application form which role you are applying for.
LEVEL 1: Scale point 2, £20,441 FTE, £15,426 Actual salary, £10.60/hr
LEVEL 2: Scale point 3, £20,812 FTE, £15,706 Actual salary, £10.79/hr
- Supervise and provide specialist support for individuals with SEN, disabilities, personal and health needs, EAL, etc. ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Support the academic, social, emotional and development of individuals understanding clearly how young people and vulnerable adults learn
- Attend to the pupils’ personal care needs, supporting with the use of personal/learning aides
- Supports the teacher in managing pupil behaviour
- Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and report to the teacher as agreed
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- To complete basic skills tasks in reading and writing as part of the recruitment process
- Understanding of National Curriculum, EYFS guidance and other codes of practice e.g. SEN, Equalities, Safeguarding
- Effective use of ICT to support teaching and learning
- Ability to interact well using courtesy, tact and diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Ability to establish professional, effective working relationships with a range of partners/colleagues and children and young people.
What the school offers its staff
Work for Humber Education Trust .... We value our employees.
The following benefits are available to employees within our academies:
- Competitive Salary
- Teacher’s Pension & Local Government Pension Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Occupational Health Referrals & Counselling
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Parental and dependent care leave
- Flexible working
- Childcare vouchers (applicable if already enrolled pre October 2018)
Employee Benefits- Permanent & Fixed Term Contracted Employees
- 20% Discounted Gym Membership - Hull City Council Leisure
- Display Screen User Eye Tests
- Continuous Professional Development for All Staff
- Access to Middle and Senior Leadership Courses
- Supportive staff, committed to improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students.
AS A MEMBER OF HUMBER EDUCATION TRUST, WE OFFER:
- Commitment to securing the very best provision and outcomes for all children.
- A Trust with expertise in every area of the curriculum, both in primary and special settings, through our Teaching & Learning Ambassador and peer networks.
- Outstanding individually tailored continual professional development for staff at all levels.
- Staff who feel valued and supported in their roles.
- A caring and safe environment where we recognise the diverse needs of our community, ensuring our young people from all backgrounds thrive.
- Ethical working with mutual respect and collaboration.
This is a great opportunity to join a friendly team supporting children of an age range 3-19 with a range of learning needs.
If you believe you are the right person for the job then we would love to hear from you.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Cambridge Park Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 19
- School size
- 219 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Cambridge Park Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01472 230110
Cambridge Park Academy is a 3-19 special school in Grimsby for pupils with ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) and complex learning needs. The school has places for 220 students from the North East Lincolnshire and North Lincolnshire area and is Ofsted rated as ‘requires improvement’. The school places importance on preparing its students both academically and socially for life after school and provides a wide range of opportunities for young people to take part in sporting and cultural activities alongside their academic learning. The school became an academy in March 2013 and joined Humber Education Trust in April 2020.
Arranging a visit to Cambridge Park Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Teaching & Learning Support Assistant
Midmere Avenue, Leads Road, Hull, HU7 4PW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Grimsby and North East Lincolnshire