- Experience of working with relevant age group within a learning environment
- Experience of working with children with additional and complex needs
- Excellent level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to relate well to children and adults to build and maintain effective relationships
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people within the school
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Would you like to join a school with exciting opportunities? Would you like to work with pupils who have excellent learning behaviour and a thirst for knowledge? Would you like to work in a school that values you as a person? Then Krishna Avanti Primary School is the school for you!
We are looking to appoint a caring SEN Teaching Assistant to join our supportive and friendly team. You will be working with children with specific special educational needs. The successful candidate will need to be enthusiastic and dedicated to making a difference to children's learning. You will need to enjoy working with children and be passionate and committed to helping children develop as independent and confident individuals.
If you are highly motivated and a good team player with enthusiasm, high expectations, good interpersonal skills and a sense of humour, then please apply for this rewarding post with us.
Whilst being a Hindu faith school, we are fully inclusive and will welcome pupils and staff from all backgrounds, with or without a faith. This exciting opportunity to join the school at the start of its journey and help to create an outstanding learning environment for the children of Croydon. The successful candidate will be committed to excellence, inclusion and the school’s spiritual ethos.
You will be working as part of a team who are passionate about providing the very best experience for our students.
This is a unique opportunity to help develop a new and innovative school, which will be shaped by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
What will you do?
- Work under the guidance of the class teacher in the planning and implementation of work programmes with individuals or groups of pupils with special needs.
- Provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of pupil(s) with special needs in the classroom.
- Assist the teacher in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive learning environment.
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils, ensuring they have equal opportunities to learn and develop.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps