SEN Teaching Assistant (TA1)
32.5 hours per week - term time only
Actual salary approx. £15,669.70 due to working Term time only ( subject to pending pay award due)
About our school
Surrey Street is a friendly and welcoming primary school near the centre of Luton. We are looking for passionate and dedicated Teaching Assistants who are committed to supporting children’s learning and development through high-quality education.
We are looking to recruit SEN Teaching Assistants to provide general classroom assistance and to support children on EHCP's. You will also assist with lunchtime activities and run intervention strategies. The post will be temporary in the first instance linked to funding.
Applications are invited from candidates who
- Have experience of supporting pupils with significant or more complex special educational needs
- Are friendly, resilient, hardworking and nurturing
- Are flexible and have high expectations
- Are committed to developing good relationships with staff at the school, children, parents and outside agencies
- Have a positive attitude and good communication skills
- Have good literacy, numeracy and ICT skills equivalent to GCSE 4 or above ( C )
We are a Good school in all areas OFSTED (June 2019) said:
Staff are proud to work at the school. There is a strong sense of unity among all staff and a shared determination to do the very best for pupils
Pupils are polite and courteous to each other and to adults and have positive attitudes to learning
Pupils make strong progress from their individual starting points
‘The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau’.
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse, and provide effective help or advice, fluently in spoken English.
V Visits to the school are actively encouraged. Please phone Mrs Reid, on 01582 359390 to make an appointment.