We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference to pupils’ learning and supporting them in achieving their full potential.
You will be responsible to Executive Headteacher / Deputy Headteacher and Classroom Teacher on a day to day basis and may be required to work at our partnership school, Sandringham & West Newton Primary Academy, on occasion.
Purpose of role:
- Under the guidance of teaching or other senior staff and within the overall ethos of the school, undertake care and learning programmes and activities to support individual or groups of pupils.
- Enable learning for pupils and assist the teacher in the management of pupils and classroom.
- Work may be carried out in other teaching classroom areas.
Support for pupils:
- Experience of working with pupils with SEN is desirable
- Attend to personal, social and any other needs of pupils.
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a good role model and being aware of and responding to individual needs, promoting the inclusion and acceptance of all.
- Supporting pupils to understand instructions in lessons as directed by the teacher.
Support for the teacher:
- Prepare classroom(s) as directed for lessons, clear away afterwards and assist with displays of work etc.
- Prepare and maintain equipment/resources as directed by the teacher.
- Be aware of and reporting pupils’ problems, progress and achievements throughout the day
- Provide clerical administration support as needed.
Support for the School:
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection/health/safety/confidentiality/and data protection (GDPR), reporting all concerns to appropriate person (training and guidance will be given)
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils in visits in and out of school activities as required.
- Undertake other duties and activities that fall within the role as directed by Headteacher / Deputy Headteacher and Teaching Staff.
his is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join Flitcham CE Primary Academy as a SEN Teaching Assistant with MSA duties. We welcome applications from experienced teaching assistants.
The safety and well-being of children is central to our ethos, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide references and undertake the Independent Safeguarding Authority checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and child protection practices of the Trust.