- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Key stage
- Working pattern
- Term time
30 hours a week, Monday to Friday, 38 weeks a year
- Contract type
- Fixed term (For as long as the pupil attends our school )
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £9.81 an hour
- Actual salary
- £9.81 an hour
We are looking to appoint a SEN teaching assistant
30 hours a week.
The overall objective of the post is to provide support to a specific child both in the class and in the playground at lunchtimes.
Specific duties and responsibilities
We are looking for individuals with the following essential qualities:
* A Teaching and Learning Assistant Level 2 qualification or equivalent
* Experience of delivering 1:1 support
* To have a good understanding of safeguarding
* A positive and encouraging attitude
* Promote the acceptance and inclusion of pupils with SEN
* Establish supportive relationships with the pupils concerned
* Creating positive working relationships and environments conducive to effective learning for pupils with SEN
* Ability to effectively liaise with parents and other professionals
* GCSE Grade C or above, or equivalent, in English and Maths
* An ability to work within a team
* Kindness and patience
* A willingness to learn
* Experience of working with children with Communication and Interaction needs
* Experience of running speech and language programmes/ interventions
Applying for the job
Your application form must be completed in full.
An incomplete application form, or form containing gaps in the information produced, may be returned for completion before it can be considered. You must give details of all employment, training and employment since leaving secondary education to the present day.
You may submit your application, diversity form and any declaration forms either by email or by posting a hard copy to the address given below.
Application sent by email. Your application should be sent to Ntottle@stmarysce.co.uk Please send as a Microsoft Word Document (.doc or .docx) or PDF. It will be acknowledged by email.
Application by post. You should print a copy of your completed form and send it to:
Miss Naomi Tottle
St Mary’s C of E Primary School Chanters Road
Bideford EX39 2QN
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 416 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
About St Mary's Church of England Primary School
St Mary's CE VC Primary is a 2 form entry primary school in the North Devon town of Bideford.
We have a large, well resourced site.
“Together we journey to a future of opportunity.”
Our vision is to give every child the skills and experiences they need for their next step in life. At St. Mary’s C of E Primary School, we aim to provide a high-quality education that develops children intellectually, socially, morally, physically and spiritually within a Christian environment. Through the school’s ethos and collective worship, we use the Bible as guidance, as teaching and as our compass. In our school, children learn to respect the diversity within their community, themselves, differences of others and their surroundings. Children will leave our school on the next part of their journey in life with the confidence and the ability to make responsible and appropriate choices. They aspire to be the best they can and are valued members of the community.
Arranging a visit to St Mary's Church of England Primary School
Visits can be arranged by emailing the headteacher email@example.com