SEN Teaching Assistant with British Sign Language (Level 2) or equivalent
Overbury CofE First School, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
|Job role||SEN specialist, Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||TA3 ( SCP 7 to 10) £20,843 to £22,949 pro rata|
Overbury First School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and qualified SEN Teaching Assistant who has British sign language (Level 2), or equivalent, to support a child with an EHCP.
This position is temporary, for the duration of the EHCP.
We are a small, rural school located within a stunning Cotswold village. Our staff are great ‘team players’, reflective practitioners, multi-skilled and very enthusiastic!
We seek someone who:
- has experience of working with children with hearing impairments
- has good interpersonal skills especially when dealing with children, colleagues and parents/carers whilst upholding the ethos of the school
- can establish good relationships with children whilst setting firm boundaries
- is able to identify children's strengths and targets to help build their development.
- Is supportive and keen to work as a part of a small dedicated team and to be involved in village school life
- Is sympathetic to the needs of a small Church school and its vital community role
- Will support and enhance the Christian values of our school
Further details and application packs are available from the school via Email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
|School type||LA Maintained School, Church of England|
|School size||66 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||5 to 10|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Overbury CofE First School website (opens in a new window)|
About Overbury CofE First School
Overbury is situated in the Cotswolds near Tewkesbury on the Worcestershire and Gloucestershire border. As a village school, we have smaller classes and a family atmosphere which offers a personal approach to the individual needs of each child.
At Overbury we are passionate about achieving outstanding opportunities and learning for all through a warm and caring culture, which is grounded in our Christian Values and ethos.
We believe in putting the needs of the children at the heart of everything we do and we are proud of our children and all that they achieve.
We strive for excellence in all aspects of learning, behaviour, and well-being. By recognising that we can support the whole child, their family, and every adult in our school community we know that we can make a real difference.
Overbury, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20 7NT