SENCo and English Teacher - Required for April or September 2020
SENCo and English teacher required. Ability to teach one of the following subjects: English, Science, Maths, Product Design or Engineering.
Overall purpose of the post:
To ensure the effective provision for students with SEND to enable them to fulfil their academic and personal potential and to ensure progression to excellent destinations.
The SENCo is required to be an effective English teacher to further support the development of literacy and reading across the school.
Post holder must be a subject specialist.
See job description and person specification for full details of this post.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
1. Honours degree
2. Qualified Teacher Status
3. Has completed the National Award for SEN Co-ordination (NASENCo)
4. Experience of delivering GCSE English Language and Literature
5. Membership of appropriate professional bodies
6. Leadership or management qualifications
7. Experience of delivering A Level English Literature
Essential skills and experience
1.Ability to teach GCSE English Language and Literature
2. Experience of delivering A Level English Literature and A Level Digital Media
3. Evidence of effective teaching in an inclusive school, and the ability to share good practice
4. Evidence of improving student outcomes in your own practice
3.. Evidence of an understanding of how to create and sustain an environment, within a fully inclusive school, where all pupils can achieve academic and personal success.
-Experience identifying, monitoring and providing effective support for pupils with SEND
- Good working knowledge of relevant legislation, particularly the SEN Code of Practice
- Experience of leading a team and/or developing others
- Experience in effectively training and coaching other teachers
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills
- Excellent SEN & classroom practitioner
- Strong understanding of both subject and general teaching pedagogy
- Yew Tree Avenue, Dagenham East, Essex, RM10 7FN
- Free School
- Elutec website (opens in a new window)