SENCo and Inclusion Manager
Our SENCo will need to :
• Professionally lead and manage SEND in accordance with the SEND Code of Practice: 0-25 Years.
• Determine the strategic development of special educational needs (SEN) policy and provision in the school.
• Be responsible for day-to-day operation of the SEN policy and co-ordination of specific provision to support individual pupils with SEN or a disability.
• Provide professional guidance to colleagues, working closely with staff, parents and other agencies.
• Promote an ethos and culture that supports the school’s SEN policy and promotes good outcomes for pupils with SEN or a disability.
• Demonstrate excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
• Work as a great team player and really enjoy contributing to the life of the school.
• Support the ethos of a Church of England Primary School.
Essential educational requirements
National award for SEN Co-ordination or willingness to complete it within a 3 year period from appointment.
Essential skills and experience
Experience of working with children with a range of additional needs.
A minimum of three years class based teaching experience in a primary school.
Training for the role will be organised and paid for as required.
A TLR payment will be available for a candidate with the correct SEN qualifications.
About St Bede Church of England Primary School
- Gordon Road, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 7DD
- LA Maintained School
- St Bede Church of England Primary School website (opens in a new window)