PRIMARY DUTIES INCLUDES BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- To work with the SENCo to promote inclusion across the school
- To build and maintain positive relationships with parents of pupils on the SEND register
- To arrange annual review dates, and correspond with parents and the local authority
- To support the SENCO in applying for and maintaining EHCPs across the school
- To complete annual review paperwork, proof read and send it to the local authority
- To liaise and communicate with parents with regard to SEND processes, including planning meetings, reviews, and referrals
- To support in managing diaries where necessary
- To coordinate visits from external agencies
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To liaise with relevant outside agencies to ensure that the SEND needs of individual pupils are met effectively and arrange for timings of visits in school
- To meet with and ensure that accurate and detailed records are kept of meetings and discussions with parents and outside agencies
- Reviewing, proof reading of pupil passports
- Ensure that the SEN Register is kept accurate and up to date and that staff are kept informed of pupil special educational needs
- To undertake other duties, as required by the Executive Principal or Head of School, as appropriate to the grade of the post
IN ORDER TO PERFORM THIS ROLE WELL YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the school’s policies and procedures related to SEND, including the SEN Information Report and Inclusion policies
- Regularly attend relevant training and development events
- Work in a professional manner, including maintaining confidentiality as essential within the school environment
- To undertake tasks of a similar nature and level, as directed by the SENCo.
Please note, while every effort has been made to explain the duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified.
Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from the line manager/Principal to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
This job post has expired.