Non class based (some PPA cover)
Aveley Primary would like a dedicated and enthusiastic teacher to join our ELT (Extended Leadership Team) in the role of SENCo. The ideal person would either hold the National Award For Special Educational Needs Co-ordination or be prepared to undertake the training, which we would fully support.
The key responsibilities for the post are to:
• lead, develop and oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEND policy;
• co-ordinate provision for children with special educational needs and disabilities;
• liaise with and advise fellow teachers, modelling good practice;
• ensure records of all children with special educational needs are accurate, up-to-date and
• work with parents of children with special educational needs to ensure they are well
supported and children make progress;
• contribute to the in-service training of staff;
• liaise with external agencies, including services provided by Thurrock Council, such as educational psychology services, health and social services and voluntary bodies.
Our ideal candidate will be:
• Energetic, enthusiastic with an optimistic outlook
• An excellent teacher who can lead by exemplary practice and is able to lead support staff
• Be familiar with the Code of Practice and understands the roles and responsibilities of the
• Able to lead colleagues to further develop provision for SEND and all groups of pupils
• An excellent communicator with children, colleagues, governors and parents
Aveley Primary can offer:
• Friendly and supportive staff who work together to achieve the best for our children.
• Motivated children, teachers and parents who all strive for excellent progress
• Support for a successful candidate to achieve their National Award for SEN Co-ordination,
if this is not already held.
• Your own office and some admin support
• Opportunities to work with colleagues in other schools to support each other
Have you the skills to accept this exciting opportunity?
If you are hard working, dedicated to making a difference to children’s learning, have a passion for working with children with SEND and developing the skills of all pupils then we would love to hear from you.
Applying for the job
For details and an application pack please contact:
Tel No: 01708 865868
or download documents in the supporting documents section.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
462 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Aveley Primary School
Aveley Primary School – March 2021
Aveley Primary School is set in large and extensive grounds on the periphery of Aveley Village, in Thurrock Education Authority. It is within easy reach (5 minutes) of the A13 into London/Southend and the Dartford Crossing.
In September 2005 KS1 and KS2 came together in one building. The original village school building has been developed into the local Children’s Centre. The school has close links with the Early Years providers based in the Centre.
The school has grown in size again over the last few years and is now a full two form entry school with extra bulge classes currently in Year 4 and 5. The school also opened its own Nursery class offering 15 hours a week in 2016.
Staff are dedicated, hardworking and supportive of each other. The school has a Pastoral Manager to support the wellbeing of the children.
Aveley Primary joined the Catalyst Academy Trust at the beginning of February 2019. The Trust has a nationally recognised reputation for high achievement for all of its pupils.
Children with Special Educational Needs are well catered for with adult support and a non-class based SENCo.
The catchment area of Aveley Primary School is in a mixed housing environment; the school has approximately 25% of children on free school meals. The school has positive links with the local community, notably with church groups and the secondary schools.
The school has achieved the 10 years Basic Skills Quality Mark award, Silver Science Quality Mark and Silver Artsmark. The school has a strong school ethos, followed by all staff and children.
The Headteacher, Governors, together with a dedicated and hard-working team of teachers, aim to provide the best education and a variety of opportunities for all of our children.
Arranging a visit to Aveley Primary School
Visits (restrictions permitting) or an informal chat are warmly welcomed and should be arranged by contacting the School Office on 01708 856868 or email email@example.com