- Job role
- Working pattern
- Part time
- Contract type
- £25,714 - £41,604 per year (MPR/UPR)
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated SENCo to continue to build on the work and developments of our current SENCo. We are looking for a highly skilled practitioner who can lead on inclusion and SEND at our growing Primary School. We take the time to get to know all of our families and the children in our care to ensure we provide the best educational setting we can.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop the SEND provision at our new primary school. In the first year, this role is for 2 days per week. However, as the school grows to capacity we anticipate an increase in hours and are therefore looking for an individual who would be flexible to accommodating an increase in hours in future years.
The successful candidate should have:
• Qualified Teacher Status, with experience across the primary age range
• The National Award for SEN co-ordination or working towards achieving this
• Experience of working with children with special educational needs
• Thorough knowledge of the SEND code of practice
• The ability to lead staff in developing their knowledge and expertise in working with SEN children
• Experience of working with children with a range of different needs including, SEND, LAC, Pupil Premium
• Experience of working as part of a positive, forward thinking leadership team
• The ability to support and oversee the work of Learning Support Assistants working with children
• Good communication skills
• Good management and organisational skills
• Experience and knowledge of working with external agencies
Candidates are invited to arrange a visit to the school or a telephone appointment to discuss the post in more detail with the Headteacher, Mrs Sillars.
The key features of our vision are:
• Children are at the heart of what we do;
• We provide ambitious, high quality education for all, with high expectations of success for all in every aspect of school life.
• A safe, secure, inclusive environment where all pupils are supported and challenged to achieve their full potential.
• An exciting curriculum with a focus on preparing children to understand the world around them and to make a difference.
• Encouraging pupils to have creative and enquiring minds as confident, resilient and happy learners with good mental and physical health.
• Developing genuine partnerships with parents and all members of the school community to enable all to achieve their full potential.
• Developing a life-long love of learning that extends beyond the curriculum and into the world that we live in.
We are looking for an outstanding practitioner who can inspire and motivate staff and pupils and who is able to work with the leadership team to develop this new school so it is at the heart of the community.
Benefits of working for our trust include:
● Enrolment in one of the UK’s Largest public sector pension schemes
● A tax efficient Cycle-to-Work scheme through salary sacrifice
● A tax efficient IT Leasing scheme through salary sacrifice
● Friendly and sociable colleagues
● Staff membership rates to our modern Leisure Centre at Wildern School
Applications should be on Wildern Academy Trust application forms, our application form does differ from the standard Hampshire County Council form and individual CV’s will not be accepted. If you currently work in a school, please ensure one of your references is from your current Headteacher.
Application forms and further information about the school can be found on the Boorley Park Primary School website https://www.boorleyparkprimary.org/sv/senco/
Completed Wildern Academy Trust application forms can be e-mailed to email@example.com or sent by post for the attention of Mrs F Mitchell, Wildern School, Wildern Lane, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 4EJ.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as we may invite candidates to interview before the closing date. Closing Date: Midday Monday 7th February 2022
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date if we receive applications that meet the criteria. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Wildern Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Applying for the job
Application forms and further information about the school can be found on the Boorley Park Primary School website https://www.boorleyparkprimary.org/sv/senco/More on how to apply (opens in new tab)