We are looking to appoint an exceptional, experienced qualified teacher as SENCO.
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- National Award for SEN Coordination
- Evidence of ongoing professional development; attendance on courses, INSET, action research, personal study etc. with clear impact indicators
- Commitment to continuing professional development as necessary to develop role
- Experience of successful leadership and management within a school
- Proven track record of achieving outstanding pupil progress for teams of children
- Ability to contribute to professional leadership and management of a staff team and contribute to the work of other teams to secure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improved standards of learning and achievement for all pupils across the school
- Experience of using data and data analysis to drive up standards
- Clear knowledge and experience in all issues relating to the safeguarding of children
Our Academy opened in September 2015 in order to provide high quality primary places for local families. We believe that every child is unique and that each deserves the opportunity to be happy, feel valued and experience success.
We are part of a Federation of schools with an established track record in Bromley and across London. Our staff team is committed to ensuring that all of our children access the highest quality education in a safe and nurturing environment.
We believe that all children can achieve and know that it is our job as educators to do everything possible to enable children to reach their potential. We are lucky to have a bright, modern and welcoming building for our school community. We are situated amongst green spaces opposite Kelsey Park, just a short walk from Beckenham Junction rail station.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, electric car scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The purpose of your role will be:
- To play a key role within the Academy
to ensure that all pupils with additional needs make accelerated progress
- To directly contribute to pupils'
accelerated progress through high quality sustained teaching of intervention
- To provide leadership and direction
in supporting children with SEND
- To take a lead role in monitoring and
school self-evaluation regarding SEND
- To provide guidance to support staff
to achieve and maintain a good quality of SEND provision
- To analyse assessment data from a
variety of sources to inform future planning and resourcing
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
This job post has expired.