Hunslet Carr Primary School, Leeds, West Yorkshire
|Job role||SEN specialist|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||MPS/UPS – £22,917 to £38,633|
We are looking for an excellent class teacher who has the drive and passion to lead our SEND provision across our happy school.
Our last inspection highlighted that leaders of the school are ambitious and have high aspirations. A large part of that ambition is to ensure all of our children have access to the broadest education for as long as possible.
We are looking for someone whose ambition matches ours and can join us on the next stage of our SEND journey. Together with a happy, motivated and established team, you will lead on providing our children with exciting and relevant experiences that prepare them for the next stage of their education.
Our new SENCo will:
• have up-to-date, relevant training and experience
• show commitment and a track-record of securing high levels of progress, attainment and self-esteem for all children, including those with SEND
• work with all members of our community to ensure we comply with the SEND Code of Practice and our other statutory requirements
• have the experience, knowledge and skills to support teachers in planning and delivering Quality First Teaching for all children in their class.
Our SENCo will be class based for 2 days each week. For this reason, we are also looking for our ideal candidate to be able to:
• teach creatively with High Expectations so all children reach their full potential
• be a Caring teacher who recognises the power of relationships in the classroom
• committed to developing Positive Attitudes in the children they teach
• develop the whole child so that they are Successful in school.
In return we can offer:
• a chance to lead a key area of the school whilst having the chance to teach
• a strong commitment to the professional development of your leadership skills
• a school community where children are at the heart of all we do
• a commitment to your work-life balance so you feel truly appreciated.
We welcome interest from talented and dynamic leaders - you may be a subject leader or an existing SENCo looking to further your career in a larger school. This post offers an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to progress over time.
Application packs can be downloaded from the school website. Virtual visits or phone call will the Headteacher can be arranged. To arrange a virtual visit, please contact, Hayley Stewart via email at email@example.com.
Closing Date: Monday 1st June – 3pm
Shortlisting: Tuesday 2nd June
Interviews: Friday 5th June
Appointments are made subject to references and a clear DBS disclosure.
Hunslet Carr Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We promote diversity and want a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds.
- 1) Hunslet Carr Advert for SENCo.doc  0.05 MB
- 3) Hunslet Carr SENCo Application Form Mar 2020.docx  0.05 MB
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||467 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Hunslet Carr Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About Hunslet Carr Primary School
The office blocks of Leeds are visible from our classrooms and it is our belief and desire that children from Hunslet Carr Primary School should be able to grow up and be successful within their own city. We want our children to aspire to be the lawyers, doctors and professionals that work in our city every day and to give them experiences to inspire their self-belief.
The key to ensuring our children succeed, both while pupils at the school and in the future, is having a caring stimulating and stable environment in which to enjoy their early years. We work hard to ensure the school allows our pupils to grow in to happy, caring members of the community
Working together, the staff, parents, governors and children have come up with 4 qualities that we want all of our children to have.
They show our community what we strive to have and provide for the children we teach.
They are at the heart of all we do to try to make this school the best place it can be for your children.
We hope you see these words in action as you walk around our school.
Woodhouse Hill Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS10 2DN