|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
Our children are seeking an outstanding teacher who can lead SEND provision across school. The role would suit an ambitious teacher who is looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to develop professionally. You will be experienced and knowledgeable in delivering outstanding SEND support and have the skills, enthusiasm and commitment to support and develop other teachers across the school. In terms of specific areas of responsibility, you will be demonstrating, sharing and leading best practice in teaching and learning of SEND children to improve pupils' engagement, understanding and progress. You will be taking the lead on staff development for teachers and support staff in this key area across the whole school and will be a key member of the Leadership Team.
Essential educational requirements
Strategic development of the school's Special Educational Needs (SEND) provision and oversight of the day-to-day operation of that policy with the aim of raising SEND pupil achievement.
All Teachers are subject to the conditions of Employment set out annually in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document (STPCD). The school complies with requirements in order to make reasonable demands of teachers.
All teachers must have due regard to the National Standards for Teachers and will be assessed against these standards at least annually.
• To lead, manage, develop and maintain high quality SEND provision which enables quality teaching, excellent learning outcomes and success for all pupils;
• To model effective teaching, to coach and train colleagues and to teach across the school;
• To keep all aspects of paperwork including records and policies, up-to-date and actioned, as appropriate.
• To ensure the school adheres to the SEND Code of practice
Essential skills and experience
• Undertake any professional duties commensurate with the grade of the post, reasonably delegated to him/her by the Headteacher
• Attend and participate in relevant training sharing the knowledge and ideas gained with colleagues
• Have a working knowledge of teachers’ professional duties and legal liabilities
• Operate within the stated policies, practices and ethos of the school
• Establish effective working relationships and set a good example through own presentation and personal and professional conduct
• Endeavour to give every child the opportunity to reach their potential and meet high expectations
• Contribute to the corporate life of the school through effective partnership in meetings and management systems necessary to coordinate the management of the school
Main/Pay Scale/UPS+TLR 2B (4653)More on how to apply
|School size||373 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
About Beckfoot Nessfield
Nessfield Drive, Keighley, BD22 6NP