Our Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENDCo) is a valuable and key member of our team, playing a complex and specialist role within our learning community. This role will give the successful candidate the privilege of working with our small, dedicated inclusion team and supporting our children with additional needs. Passion, drive, and determination are required to make a difference to our pupils. As well as an ability to lead on policy and practice, in conjunction with key stakeholders.
This important role will include overseeing targeted provision for children with additional needs, vulnerabilities, or barriers to learning. It will include the preparation of statutory paperwork, making appropriate referrals, working alongside professionals, supporting parents and families, as well as supporting school staff with quality first teaching and ensuring appropriate adaptations within the classroom are made.
We are a school that is:
- Fully inclusive
- Passionate about meeting the needs of all learners
- Ambitious and aspirational
- Able to make a difference
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an inspirational and skilled classroom teacher and teacher of students with SEND
- Champions inclusion and is passionate about supporting young people with identified SEND
- Has a clear understanding of how young people with identified SEND can be supported to achieve in the mainstream classroom
- Will embrace our highly supportive, professional approach within our brilliant community where staff, parents, and pupils work in close conjunction
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. We want you to see our school in action and we want to share our ambitions for the future and how you can help us with these. Please contact Lynsey in the school office to organise a visit. We welcome all questions, no matter how big or small.
Orchard Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check. Online checks will be made for all candidates.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.