- Early years, KS1
SENCO/Part Time Teacher - EYFS/KS1 job summary
Senco/Part Time Class Teacher – EYFS/KS1
Full time - 2 days Senco / 3 days teaching
Pay to be agreed according to experience as Senco
Not open to Early Career Teachers (ECT’s)
September 2022 start
‘Respect, Responsibility, Resilience’
‘Our new school opened in September 2021, it is an amazing purpose built modern school for the children of Eastfield. The school offers state of the art facilities, which will be a tremendous boost to children’s academic learning as well as enhancing the value of the local community where it will sit.'
If you want to work in a school with wonderful children, supportive leadership and staff colleagues in a role that will challenge, stretch and above be rewarding and fun then we want to hear from you!
Here at Overdale Community Primary School we are proud to be a leading school in the area, being the HUB school for Speech and Language supporting 24 schools along the East Coast. Together we have built a school that has the highest aspirations for our children to shine, but also one that supports and celebrates our amazing community that we are proud to serve.
Over the last five years our school has changed considerably. As a securely ‘good school’ our talented teachers and learning support colleagues have initiated a team approach alongside our fellow coastal primaries in many ways that include helping to drive rapid and sustained coastal school improvement, sharing best practice in the classroom and learning from the systems and processes we have put in place here.
Construction work on our new school was completed in 2021 on our brand new 2-form entry primary school. As a result of growing pupil numbers, we are looking to appoint a talented teacher to join our team as Key stage 1/EYFS Class Teacher and Senco to support our increasing number of children with additional needs in our school.
For more information on our new build school please see the link below:
Without question you will be supported and challenged in your teaching practice and career aspirations. You will be on your way within the profession as a classroom practitioner, and we would love the opportunity to see you thrive and develop your career here at Overdale Primary.
Overdale is also the lead school for the ‘Speech Links’ coastal project in partnership with the North Yorkshire East Coast Opportunity Area.
You will already be an excellent classroom practitioner within your phase and ideally have experience within SEN and inclusion within your current role and phases. With tailored support from our Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher we will further develop you and give you the skills, encouragement and experience within the profession to continue to learn and care.
Our SEN provision is one of the strengths of our school and all the tools and support is in place for you to continue to develop our provision.
We actively welcome interest from colleagues who already hold the National SENCO Award as well as from teachers (from any specialism) who have a keen interest in developing their career in SEN and inclusion.
We are looking for:
• A record of raising both pupil attainment and standards of teaching and learning within KS1/EYFS. A strong vision and ethos that supports our values and culture.
• A professional who has an engaging and dynamic style of teaching which fosters independence and resilience and inspires children to follow their interests and ambitions.
• Someone who has the drive and ambition to make sure our children achieve their very best, and has a proven record of raising standards for all children
• A teacher with a flair and passion for primary education who will embrace working and teaching within our ‘family’ – and help bring new ideas and practices to engage both the children and the staff.
• Have an excellent understanding of SEN Code of Practice and procedures
• Be able to strategically lead and develop SEN across the school
We can offer you:
• A school with a renewed focus who puts pastoral and nurture provision at its heart and an aspirational outlook for our children.
• Happy, enthusiastic children who are thriving and have a thirst for learning.
• Clear and tailored CPD for all staff which involves our ongoing involvement with the Chartered College of Teaching coastal Hub and access to professional qualifications through the Opportunity Area,
Join us and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about.
Please contact Garry on the details below.
We are proud to work alongside our fellow primary and secondary schools and we believe we have a unique opportunity for colleagues to grow, develop and thrive in their career as part of our coastal community. For more information on our Coastal Offer and how you can make a difference by teaching on the Yorkshire Coast please visit www.teachyc.co.uk
Closing date: Thursday 2nd June at 9am
Interviews will be held week commencing Thursday 16th June 2022 in school
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For an informal conversation about the role, to arrange a conversation and for an application pack please contact Garry Morrison at Resourcing Solutions (North Yorkshire County Council) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07814935700
Our school is committed to safeguarding children; this post will require an enhanced DBS check and suitable references. Your motivation and suitability to work with children will be assessed at interview.
Applying for the job
For an informal conversation about the role, to arrange a conversation and for an application pack please contact Garry Morrison at Resourcing Solutions (North Yorkshire County Council) at email@example.com or call 07814935700Download an application form - 143 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.