24 days remaining to apply
Start date details
September 2023 (or earlier for the right candidate)
23 April 2023 at 11:59pm
16 March 2023
- View all Part timejobs - The post is for a permanent, part time, 3 day per week (0.6) contract
- MPS to UPS
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent
- Hold a relevant SENCO qualification (or demonstrate a willingness to undertake the NASENCO qualification whilst in post) or have significant previous experience of a lead SENCO role.
- Be Deputy Designated Safeguarding lead for child protection and safeguarding.
- Ensure the best possible outcomes, academically, socially and emotionally, for children and young people with SEND and the disadvantaged.
- Support the staff to be continually reflective and able to identify and respond to pupils with SEND
- Have excellent communication, organisational and IT skills
What the school offers its staff
- Friendly and enthusiastic children who have a love of learning at our school
- An inclusive environment where every child is known and matters
- A dedicated, talented and supportive staff team
- A strong ethos of high expectations and challenge for the whole community
- Access to a range of high quality training to supplement knowledge you already have
Further details about the role
We are looking for a candidate who is
- A strong leader and committed to providing the highest standards of provision for SEND pupils.
- Experienced in rigorous tracking and monitoring of children’s progress and working within the SEND Code of Practice.
- An excellent communicator, with a strong commitment to working in partnership and developing good relationships with parents, governors, local authorities, external agencies and the community.
- Experience in co-ordinating Annual Reviews and reviews of EHCPs where appropriate and attend / chair when necessary.
- Experienced in managing and leading a committed team of enthusiastic Teaching Assistants
- Committed to developing their own specialist knowledge and has an excellent understanding of how children learn
- Passionate about promoting inclusion across the school to raise aspiration and achievement
- Flexible in their work ethic and willing to commit to be engaged in school life to the full. A team player.
- Have clear knowledge and experience in all issues relating to the safeguarding of children
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 254 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Paulton Junior School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 7 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 312 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 7 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Paulton Junior School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Paulton Junior School is a large junior school located in the village of Paulton (between Bath and Bristol) with 276 pupils on roll with a capacity to increase to 360. Our school is strongly committed to enabling each child access to a broad, enriched education of the highest quality. All staff make a valuable contribution to the school’s development and, therefore, to the progress of all pupils. The following post offers an opportunity to be part of a supportive, caring and committed school community who have high expectations of themselves and each other, and who have children at the centre of their philosophy.
Arranging a visit to Paulton Junior School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Bristol