Robsack Wood Primary Academy is seeking a permanent, experienced SENCO to provide outstanding practice across the academy with regards to SEND pupils and vulnerable learners. The successful candidate will ensure that there is a culture of high expectations for SEND pupils, and that their needs are met to enable them to meet their full potential through high quality provision.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a drive for excellence and a desire to be outstanding!
- Is highly organised, motivated and driven to succeed
- Has excellent analytical skills and the ability to make sound judgements
- Is a team member who will collaborate with colleagues to ensure excellent care and high quality learning
- Has exceptional communication skills to effectively deliver the decisions required to keep all pupils safe.
This position is for a permanent role for 0.8 FTE (4 days per week)
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Qualified Teacher Status
SENCO Accredited or evidence of working towards it
Essential skills and experience
Knowledge and experience of Planning for and teaching an assigned class of pupils with SEND within the statutory requirements of the Curriculum.
Possess a sound understanding of National Curriculum subjects and statutory requirements.
Sound knowledge of Safeguarding procedures
Effective teaching and learning strategies.
Child centred philosophy.
Abreast of current educational thinking, research and initiatives, nationally and locally.
Establish and develop close partnerships with the team, parents, external agencies, Governors and the
Communicate effectively to a variety of audiences whilst maintaining confidentiality
Create a happy, safe, challenging and effective learning environment.
Maintain good behaviour for learning and have strategies for pupil behaviour and management.
Be highly organised and efficient with good time management skills.
As an employee of University of Brighton Academies Trust, we can offer you:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Trust thorough our commitment to your continued professional development.
- A strong and supportive leadership team, dedicated to the development of staff and students
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, covering a range of health and welfare benefits
- Access to our employee discount programme, My Academy Rewards
About Robsack Wood Primary Academy
- Whatlington Way, St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex, TN38 9TE
- Robsack Wood Primary Academy website (opens in a new window)