This job expired on 13 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
17 April 2023
13 February 2023 at 12pm (midday)
27 January 2023
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 Hours Per Week/Full time
What skills and experience we're looking for
The SENCo, under the direction of the Headteacher, will: Determine the strategic development of special educational needs (SEN) and Medical Needs policy and provision in the school. Be responsible for day-to-day operation of the SEN and Medical Needs policy and co-ordination of specific provision to support individual pupils with SEN, Medical Needs or a disability. Provide professional guidance to colleagues, working closely with staff, parents and other agencies. The SENCo will be expected to fulfil the responsibilities of a teacher, as set out in the STPCD. We will offer the successful applicants a happy, welcoming and supportive team where everyone is committed to staff development and raising standards for all in an enjoyable and purposeful environment.
How to apply
To apply for this role please visit the Trust vacancies pagewww.aquinas-cmat.org/vacancies/and submit your application no later than the closing date stated above.
You will receive an automated response from our vacancies inbox to confirm your application has been received. Please contact HR on 0116 296 8164.
We warmly encourage applicants to visit our schools. Please contact the school offices to arrange an appointment on 01455 212386.
Why work for the St Thomas Aquinas Multi Academy Trust?
- Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 23 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme and Medicash, which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Pension - automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
What the school offers its staff
- Terms and Conditions - we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
- Electric Car Scheme – access to our new electric dreams care scheme, in partnership with Octopus Energy
- Childcare – If you have children that attend before/after school at one of the 23 schools in our Trust, as an employee you will be able to access this resource for free.
Our school is part of the St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 23 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Leicester City, Rutland and Leicestershire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development.
The Trust and all our schools within our Trust committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check, online check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants. The Trust will endeavour to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from people with a disability or long-term health condition.
Follow us on Twitter: @sta_cmat
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Saint Martin's Catholic Voluntary Academy
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 774 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Saint Martin’s School was founded by the Dominican Order 70 years ago and the values of compassion and service, allied to uncompromising standards still underpin the work we do. Saint Martin’s is an exceptional academy set in beautiful grounds in the historic village of Stoke Golding. We are hugely ambitious for all our pupils to achieve both academically as well as morally, socially and spiritually. We believe that application and effort on the part of students combined with high quality teaching from staff enables all pupils to achieve academically. We place great emphasis on pupil behaviour, from an exemplary work ethic in the classroom through to politeness, charm and good manners throughout the school. This means teachers can focus on their primary role of teaching. At Saint Martin’s we have a knowledge-rich curriculum where teachers are the experts and their role is to share that expertise and love of learning with pupils. We believe strongly that the role of the leadership team is to support teachers in that endeavour, whether it is helping to ensure excellent behaviour in the classroom or providing time to develop the quality of teaching.
Arranging a visit to Saint Martin's Catholic Voluntary Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
MAC Inclusion School Improvement Lead
St. John Paul Ii Multi Academy Company
Earlsbury Gardens, Birmingham, B20 3AE
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Nuneaton