116 pupils enrolled
2 to 9
About The Rushmere Park Academy
We are looking for a special educational need coordinator (SENDCo) with KS1 or KS2 teaching experience to work with children in a lower school setting (4-9 years of age) who need extra support or require an advanced programme of learning in order to reach their full educational potential. Working with individuals who have physical disabilities, sensory impairments (i.e., hearing or visual), speech and language difficulties, learning difficulties such as dyslexia, conditions such as autism, social, emotional and mental health needs, or have a combination of these difficulties. You may also work with more able individuals.
A key aspect of working in this field is identifying individual needs and being responsible for creating a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment.
The successful candidate will be an experienced/aspirational professional, who is enthusiastic, influential and committed to working in pursuit of success for the academy and its learners. If you are highly motivated, respond well to a challenge and have excellent communication skills, this could be the job for you!
Visits to the Academy are warmly welcomed.
The successful candidate will
· An advocate for SEND children
· An excellent classroom practitioner
· National Award for SEN Co-ordination, or a willingness to complete it within 3 years
· Experience of working at a whole-school level
· Involvement in self-evaluation and development planning
· Experience of conducting training/leading INSET
· Sound knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice
· Understanding of what makes ‘quality first’ teaching, and of effective intervention strategies
· Ability to plan and evaluate interventions
· Data analysis skills, and the ability to use data to inform provision planning
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to build effective working relationships
· Ability to influence and negotiate
· Good record-keeping skills
· Commitment to getting the best outcomes for pupils and promoting the ethos and values of the school
· Commitment to equal opportunities and securing good outcomes for pupils with SEN or a disability
· Ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively
· Commitment to maintaining confidentiality at all times
· Commitment to safeguarding and equality
Start Date September 2021
Salary MPS + SEN min £25,714-£39,231 (dependant of experience)
Job role Full-time (with 0.6 class based teaching)
Arranging a visit to The Rushmere Park Academy
School visits are welcomed. Please contact Jay Powell on 01582 211226 or email@example.com thank you.