SENCOo (Part time)
The Governors of this popular two form entry church primary school are seeking to appoint a creative, resourceful and committed teacher to lead the provision for our SEND pupils. Our recent Ofsted referred to “…a treasure chest of learning …. which opens an exciting window on the world.” Provision of SMSC is strong and we have global and eco themes embedded in our curriculum. We have recently achieved the Green Flag Award, Sports Mark Gold and were short-listed in the TES schools’ awards for our international learning. Our curriculum is constantly evolving to develop resilient and independent learners.
The SENCo will be a qualified teacher who preferably holds the National SENDCo Award. Hours will be five mornings each week, but the post holder will need to be flexible to attend meetings which are held at other times and staff training as appropriate. The role includes:
• Leading and managing SEND in accordance with the published policies (local & national);
• Liaising with classroom support staff, class teachers and senior leaders;
• Liaising with and developing relationships with external agencies and parents; and
• Identifying and supporting the needs of pupils with SEND through observation, screening and tracking data
The ideal candidate will:
• Be committed to high standards of achievement (for self and others), attainment and behaviour
• Be able to inspire and motivate our pupils
• Be a good team player who enjoys working collaboratively for common goals
• An enthusiasm for PE and a willingness to support school sport would be a bonus - but not essential
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit, contact the school.
St Peter’s C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to Enhanced Disclosure Procedures therefore all appointments are made subject to criminal records and references checks.
Essential educational requirements
Educated to at least an undergraduate degree
Qualified Teacher status (QTS)
Essential skills and experience
A number of years of teaching experience is expected, and the National SENDCo Award would be an advantage.
Main Scale pay (fringe)
Access to Surrey County Council MyBenefits and Surrey Extra discounts and rewards
About St Peter's CofE Primary School
Welcome to St Peter’s Church of England Primary School. We are a two form entry Primary School providing an exciting curriculum where children are inspired to become lifelong learners. The Christian ethos of St Peter’s Primary is at the heart of everything we do. All our children are valued as individuals and are supported and encouraged to reach their full potential. Our pupils are encouraged to become independent and responsible, active citizens in their community. We are a Fairtrade Achiever School and also hold Artsmark, Eco Green Flag and the RE quality mark awards. We are keen for our staff to become involved in whole school initiatives. Our school has many strengths: a broad and exciting curriculum which includes Forest School and Curriculum Cookery, high expectations for every child across the curriculum committed, creative and ambitious teachers motivated children with exemplary behaviour an extensive range of after school activities an ethos which values individuals' strengths and offers good opportunities for development; comprehensive and personalised CPD programme (for both experienced and new teachers).
- Little Green Lane, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 8TF
- LA Maintained School
- St Peter's CofE Primary School website (opens in a new window)