SEND Class Teacher
Thorpe Acre Junior School, Loughborough, Leicestershire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,373 to £35,971|
Do you want to be part of an exciting new SEND Unit for pupils with communication and interaction, namely autism?
Governors are looking to appoint a teacher in order to deliver high quality lessons to meet the educational needs of all pupils ensuring outstanding teaching and learning.
As part of Leicestershire County Council’s commitment to create school places for children with SEND, Thorpe Acre Junior School will be opening a new 10 place provision on the school campus for children with communication and interaction needs, namely autism.
The unit is due to open in September 2020, however this post will be available from 20th April (or as reasonably practical) to provide the successful candidates with the opportunity to work with SEND pupils in the mainstream school and become familiar with the school’s ethos, vision, policy and practice prior to the new unit opening.
“Pupils achieve well and make good progress because teaching is consistently good… Pupils’ behaviour is typically good, both in the classroom and around the school. This is a major factor in the good progress pupils make in lessons.” (Ofsted).
Essential educational requirements
• Proven track record of outstanding or consistently good teaching
• Recent and relevant teaching experience at primary and/or SEND
• Recent experience of assessment and tracking pupil progress
• Proven experience of teaching children with diverse needs
• Proven experience of working with various stakeholders to include parents and other outside agencies
• Qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
• Ability and willingness to undertake professional development.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Empathy with children and young people.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Ability to motivate, manage and inspire pupils and staff to strive for excellence.
- SEN Allowance
- A well-resourced attractive working environment
- The opportunity to work with motivated and friendly children
- Supportive staff and governors
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||162 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||7 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Thorpe Acre Junior School website (opens in a new window)|
About Thorpe Acre Junior School
We are very proud of our school and our success stems from a relentless drive to put children’s learning experiences at the heart of all we do. Our rich and creative curriculum, along with the pastoral support we offer, encourages every child to discover and nurture his and her special gifts and talents. We are a busy, friendly local authority maintained school in Loughborough who have been rated as GOOD in all areas during our last two Ofsted inspections, carried out in February 2013 and November 2017.
Alan Moss Road, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 4SQ