- Job role
- Working pattern
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Maternity Leave)
- Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £25,714to £41,604
The opportunity has arisen for a well-qualified and enthusiastic full-time temporary SENCO to join our thriving and highly successful SEND department due to Maternity Cover. The post holds a significantly reduced teaching timetable to facilitate improving outcomes for SEND students.
• Identify students who may have additional learning needs
• Undertake SEND assessments
• Agree SEND plans and manage the resourcing (internal and external) to support delivery of the SEND plans
• Monitor delivery against SEND plans
• Liaise with internal and external bodies to ensure that additional needs funding is being secured and used appropriately to support the needs of individuals and groups.
Skills and experience:
• Experience of SEND, probably as a SEND co-ordinator in a secondary or primary setting
• Experience of teaching students with special educational needs
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Good time management skills
Knowledge and qualifications:
• You will ideally have achieved the National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination (NASENCO).
• Excellent literacy and numeracy
• Flexible with the ability to work around changing school needs
• Team player
TLR 2B £4945
You will be well supported by the Senior Leadership Team who are focused on teaching and learning, and by a comprehensive programme of induction and training to ensure your individual needs are met.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 311 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
About Lostock High School
There has never been a better time to join Lostock High School. The 11-16 secondary school has a new Headteacher who is determined that Lostock High will continue to develop as a popular school of choice for our community. Our SEND department has a history of outstanding care and high expectations. We pride ourselves on engaging pupils, making learning exciting and rewarding, and on our tenacity. You will join a strong team of individuals who are committed to improving life chances for young people, and who believe in preparing pupils not just for exams, but for life.
Arranging a visit to Lostock High School
We welcome visits ahead of applications and therefore please do not hesitate to contact our Headteachers PA, Mrs Catherine Clark, who will happily organise this for you.
Telephone number: 0161 864 5709