Edna G. Olds Academy, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £23,720 to £39,406|
Please note this role is not based at Edna G Olds, but at L.E.A.D. Head Office on The Ropewalk.
L.E.A.D. Academy Trust was established in 2011 with a clear aim: to deliver outstanding school leadership to release every pupil’s full potential. All our principals and people passionately believe in the power of partnership working as a catalyst for exceptional education. Recognised by Ofsted as a leading academy sponsor, the Trust comprises 25 schools across Nottingham, Leicester, Derby, Lincoln and Sheffield.
Following our recent expansion and in line with our ambitious strategic vision, we are looking to appoint an experienced and self-motivated SEND professional. You will partner the Executive team and play a key role in ensuring the maximum efficiency of the trusts SEND provision.
In this newly created role, you will work closely with our Academies and central Trust functions to identify and address any gaps, and clearly define the processed and policy’s academies adopt.
If you are eager to progress your career within this field and contribute towards shaping the direction of our dynamic and pioneering organisation, we want to hear from you. You will work in partnership with committed colleagues to deliver our vision of excellent outcomes achieved through strong leadership, professional collaboration and innovation.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- raising standards in learning and attainment through coordinating the provision for children with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND).
- raising standards in teaching by working with class teachers and subject leaders to provide an appropriate curriculum for children with SEND.
- supporting in the management and delivery of provision for Pupil Premium pupils.
- implementing, monitoring and reviewing the school’s SEND policy’s ensuring they meet local and national arrangements.
- providing support and advice on SEND arrangements across the trust
To be successful, you will:
- be an excellent classroom practitioner with expertise in providing for pupils with additional needs.
- have a good working knowledge of legislation in respect of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- have experience of providing school to school support
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
SEND Qualification would be desirable
Essential skills and experience
A good working knowledge of legislation in respect of Special
Educational Needs and Disabilities
Experience of providing school to school support
|School size||249 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Edna G. Olds Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Edna G. Olds Academy
Church Street, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 1SJ