SEND Practitioner – Level 2
Deadline is today
Start date details
As soon as possible
9 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
26 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Part timejobs - Term Time only, 30 hours per week
- £14,514 - £15,046
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking to recruit a SEND Practitioner – Level 2 to:
- Work under the specific supervision, instruction, and guidance of the class teacher to support the teaching and learning activities in the classroom.
- Provide general support to the class teacher in the organisation and management of students and the classroom.
- Assist the teacher in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive learning environment.
- Promote the inclusion of all students, ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
- Support students with physical and personal needs.
- Support learning in and out of classroom environment.
- Liaise with subject teachers and collect information for annual reviews round robins.
- Support and deliver academy Learning/Intervention programmes for individual or small groups
As part of your wider duties and responsibilities, you are required to promote and actively support the Academy’s responsibilities towards safeguarding.
Please see the attached job description and person specification for further details.
This position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check and suitable references for the successful applicant.
What the school offers its staff
Ormiston Academies Trust is an exciting and dynamic place to work. With a head office and 40 primary, secondary and special schools, working for OAT offers an abundance of opportunities. We can all play a part in making a difference, shaping our schools/education system, and teaching and developing children, creating schools where no one is disadvantaged. Our people are our greatest asset and at Ormiston Academies Trust you can be assured that if you invest in our children and our mission, we will invest in you and your career development.
For our staff, effective professional development is core to securing positive outcomes for our children. It cannot exist in isolation; rather it requires a pervasive culture of scholarship with a shared commitment for staff to support one another to develop so that pupils benefit from the highest quality teaching and care. The thousands of professional decisions that must be made every day need to be informed by the best evidence, knowledge and professional wisdom.
At OAT, our mission is to be the Trust that makes the biggest difference, both inside and outside of the classroom. We recognise that to achieve this aim, we must invest in our staff so effective Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is at the heart of OAT’s work to engage, develop and retain talented staff within the Trust.
Benefits of working for OAT include:
- Extensive CPD and networking opportunities for all OAT staff
- Free 24/7 confidential counselling service available to all OAT staff in schools
- A generous holiday allowance
- Membership of a generous pension scheme (LGPS or TPS)
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Ormiston Shelfield Community Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1409 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Ormiston Shelfield Community Academy is an exciting and dynamic place to work. We are an oversubscribed secondary academy with over 1400 students on roll at Key Stages 3-5. Our core drivers of Outcomes, Values and Choices are at the heart of our daily actions and interactions and we pride ourselves on building strong relationships based on mutual respect, at all levels.
Arranging a visit to Ormiston Shelfield Community Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Pool Hayes Academy
Castle Drive, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV12 4QZ
Teaching and Learning Assistant - SEND
Eden Boys' School, Birmingham
150 Wellhead Lane, Birmingham, West Midlands, B42 2SY
TEACHING ASSISTANT/PERSONAL CARER
Hall Green School
Southam Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B28 0AA
Willenhall E-ACT Academy
Furzebank Way, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV12 4BD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Walsall and West Midlands