Calling all Passionate SEND Teachers! Join Our Special Education Needs School Team!
Are you a dedicated and experienced SEND teacher with a heart for making a profound impact on the lives of children with special educational needs? If so, we invite you to be a part of our dynamic and supportive team!
As a SEND teacher, you will have the incredible opportunity to:
- Create tailored learning plans that cater to the unique needs and abilities of each student.
- Foster a positive and nurturing classroom environment that promotes growth, self-confidence, and emotional well-being.
- Collaborate closely with parents, caregivers, and multidisciplinary teams to ensure the best possible support for each student.
- Embrace continuous professional development and stay up-to-date with the latest trends and methodologies in SEND education.
We are looking for someone with:
- A strong background in special education
- Proven experience working with students with a variety of special educational needs.
- Passion for creating inclusive and diverse learning experiences.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, parents, and external professionals.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine commitment to making a positive impact in the lives of students.
Joining our team means becoming part of a supportive community that values innovation, growth, and collaboration. We offer:.
- Professional development opportunities to help you continuously enhance your skills.
- A comprehensive Induction
- Early Salary Access scheme & financial advice (Wagestream)
- A welcoming and inclusive school culture
- Access to cutting-edge resources and technology that empower your teaching.
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme
Danecourt is a school for children aged 4-11 years with severe and complex needs. All the children attending Danecourt have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). The vast majority of the children attending the school have a diagnosis of autism, with many having additional diagnosis such as sensory processing disorder.
The school prides itself on creating personalised learning opportunities with a vision for each individual pupil reaching their full potential by the time they leave in year 6. The school offers a curriculum split into three tracks that are tailored to meeting the pupil’s needs. The school offers small class sizes with favourable staffing levels.
Currently there are 234 children on roll who are based across three sites in Medway. The largest of the sites is in Gillingham and there are two satellite sites based at Featherby Primary School and Bligh Primary School.
Danecourt was judged to be good in all areas, except Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare and EYFS both of which were judged as being outstanding by Ofsted in June 2019.
Visits to the school are welcome, please contact the school office to make an appointment.
Make a lasting difference in the lives of students with special educational needs. Join us and be a part of something truly extraordinary!
Further details and job description are in the attached candidate information pack.
Maritime Academy Trust embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via the TES website and which are completed before the closing deadline.
Closing Date: 4th March 2024
Interview date: TBC
In line with KCSIE 2023 guidance, as part of the shortlisting process, the Trust reserves the right to conduct an online search on shortlisted candidates as part of our due diligence and to share any pertinent information found concerning a candidate's suitability to work with children with Hiring Managers to be discussed at interview stage.
Danecourt School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants.
Maritime Academy Trust is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS and pre-employment checks.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.