Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (One Year)
In April 2019, Ofsted stated that Pupils at Oakway “behave well at all times of the school day and that they have good manners”. They also stated that “Leaders have a clear vision for improvement; Middle leaders are enthusiastic and are being supported well to develop their expertise”. We are now looking for experienced classroom practitioners to join the team to provide high quality teaching for SEND students in Early Years/KS1 and Upper Key Stage 2. The ideal candidates will be adaptable, resilient and have strong classroom and behaviour management skills. The successful postholder will plan and deliver lessons using a range of strategies to meet pupils’ individual learning needs.
What can you expect when joining Oakway Academy, a member of Hatton Academies Trust?
- Children who are full of PRIDE for our Academy.
- Excellent professional development and guidance with potential for planned future career progression across all of our primary academies (eg an induction programme & mentor for all new staff, NPQML and NPQSL)
- Team PPA – no teacher is left to plan alone
- A team of dedicated support staff to enhance Teaching and Learning and undertake tasks which do not require the professional skills & expertise of a teacher
- Excellent employee benefits and well-being initiatives (eg “Big Brand” discounts, discounted gym membership, priority school admission criteria for Trust employees’ children into our outstanding secondary school)*
- A clear leadership vision, built on trust that empowers all members of the team to develop and progress.
- A supportive and collegiate staff team, working together to improve outcomes for all children.
Do you have ….
Reducing Workload and improving staff well-being are priorities for the Board of Directors at Hatton Academies Trust. We fully support workload reform and the development of teachers; enabling them to concentrate on teaching and learning and we believe every teacher is entitled to the best possible CPD.
- the ability to deliver high quality teaching and achieve strong outcomes?
- a passion for learning, with a good understanding of current educational issues?
- the ability to create a safe and rich learning environment for our children?
- imagination, drive, determination, a growth mind-set and enthusiasm?
- Successful experience teaching SEND children?
To find out more information and arrange an informal visit…
Closing Date: 9.00am Friday 25th June 2021 Interview Date: Friday 2nd July 2021 Education without limits; Integrity at all times Hatton Academies Trust are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from appropriately qualified persons regardless of gender, race, religion, disability or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants are required to complete an enhanced Disclosure Bureau Service check and any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references.
- visit our website: http://www.hattonacademiestrust.org.uk/working-for-us/vacancies/ or
- contact Elaine Snell, Personnel Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Pay Range Full STPC & continuous local government service (subject to eligibility)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, ages 4 to 11
587 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Oakway Academy
Oakway Academy is part of Hatton Academies Trust, a network consisting of three primary academies, one secondary academy and a small central team. All of our academies are based locally in and around Wellingborough. As an academy trust we aim for excellence in all that we do and work towards transforming the life chances of our students
Oakway Academy caters for students between 4 and 11. It currently has 580 pupils on roll organised in 22 classes across seven year groups. Diamond Pre School occupies a setting on the site and provides Nursery education for families and the wider community.
PRIDE values underpin our ethos and practices and visitors will see, hear and experience Passion, Responsibility, Independence, Determination and Enjoyment. Students, families and staff are passionate about our academy and work together to ensure continued rapid progress and successes.
Oakway Academy joined Hatton Academies Trust in September 2014. The academy has an experienced senior leadership team with a clear structure of middle leaders across the school with responsibilities for subject and year group leadership. There are approximately 85 members of staff who each belong to a staff team. The CEO and Directors of Hatton Academies Trust are actively involved in supporting the leadership team and are regular visitors to the academy.
Oakway was recently inspected by Ofsted in April 2019. The overall judgement was that the academy requires improvement but the elements of Leadership and Management, Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare and Early Years were all good. This demonstrates the rapid progress made at the academy over the past three years. Its progress across key stage 2 in 2019 was above or in line with that made by all students nationally in Reading, Writing and Mathematics. This has significantly improved over the last three years. To see full details of the school performance data please visit:
The academy boast excellent facilities and it strives to provide an inclusive and expansive education for all of its students.
The on-site facilities include:
· New buildings opened in September 2016; · Stunning Sports Centre; · A purpose built Early Years base; · A large and modern library; · Extensive playgrounds and playing fields; · New adventure playground facility.
Arranging a visit to Oakway Academy
You are very welcome to visit the academy for an informal chat and/or a look around. If you require further information or clarification please contact Claire Byron, Principal, email@example.com or 01933 678714