Springfield Boulevard, Springfield, Milton Keynes, MK6 3HW
Executive headteacher: Ruth Ryan
East Midlands Academy Trust are looking for an experienced teacher who has knowledge or has worked with children who have a special educational need. We are looking for a teacher who can lead and teach within our social communication department at Orchard Academy. It is a 20 place SEND unit which supports children from EYFS to year 6 with their learning and development, who have an EHC plan for social communication needs including ASD. Our children are predominantly pre-formal and semi-formal learners.
This is an amazing opportunity, and we are seeking a teacher who:
- Is friendly and approachable with excellent communication skills and has a passion for teaching and making a difference
- Can work as part of and lead a team of support staff
- Can plan, implement, and assess a relevant and ambitious curriculum for a range of needs, so all our children achieve exceptionally well
- Has experience of working with children with SEND, and has an understanding how to support children with social communication needs
We are looking for a Teacher who has
· Experience of working with children who have SEND, particularly ASC, SEMH, RAD and S&L
· Someone who understands, can empathise with and adapt to the needs of pupils with ASC, SEMH, RAD and S&L
· Someone who understands, can empathise with primary children
· Someone who is able to enthuse and inspire children
· Someone who shows great mental flexibility in order to contribute to a dynamic and hardworking team
· Someone who is committed to safeguarding our children and promoting their welfare
· Someone who is able to support the leadership team in being able to raise and sustain high standards
· Have a sense of humour and a 'can do' attitude.
· If willing to support other schools across the Trust
By working for our Trust, you will be able to take advantage of a wealth of professional development and support opportunities, as well as a range of employee benefits.
Free parking on site
Mobile device issued before you start with access to all resources and email
Continuous professional development and training opportunities
Dedicated support from our school improvement team
Career and leadership opportunities within our growing family of schools
A Trust employee forum with representatives from across the organisation
A confidential 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme
Childcare vouchers scheme
A corporate eye care plan
Cycle to work scheme
Free Flu jab
Our vision is to nurture and support children to become the best they can be - confident individuals, independent learners and aspirational, responsible citizens. We are committed to promoting excellence in academic, artistic and sporting achievement. The Academy is driving school improvement through a curriculum designed to interest and inspire children and make them life-long learners. We are proud to be a nurturing school, recognising and supporting the individual to achieve.
We are part of the East Midlands Academy Trust which provides strong support for the staff and pupils. The Trust was incorporated in July 2012 for the purpose of establishing, maintaining, managing and developing academies and free schools as world class centres of excellence. East Midlands Academy Trust’s vision is that every child deserves to be the best they can be with schools that are centres of excellence for leadership, teaching and learning and where pupils are safe and engaged in their learning. Orchard and Shepherdswell continue to make an important, and at times, compelling, contribution to the Trust.
Our Vision To provide excellent practice which inspires and develops young people and children
Our Mission To be the first choice education provider in our communities
Our Values Inclusion, innovation, inspiration, integrity, impact
We are driven by a strong moral purpose that every child has the right to outstanding teaching and leadership. It is our passion to work with our children, their parents and carers and our staff to create world-class schools that demonstrate integrity of purpose through high aspiration for every child. We set high expectations for our leaders and teachers to support and stretch every child to ensure they make excellent progress and build the skills, knowledge and attributes that will prepare them well for secondary school and beyond.
If you think this could be the perfect role for you and would like more details please call Ruth Ryan on 01908 665418 or email our CEO, Josh Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.
EMAT reserve the right to withdraw this advert early if a suitable candidate is found.
EMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or age.
This job post has expired.