SEND Teaching Assistant
2 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
12 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
18 May 2023
- Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Part timejobs - 30 hours per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- £22,737 - £23,893
- £17,718 - £18,619
What skills and experience we're looking for
Poplar Farm is a new school which opened in September 2018. We are a warm, caring, inclusive and vibrant school where pupils are at the heart of every decision we make. Poplar Farm pupils are happy and confident, they are problem solvers, open minded, resilient and motivated to learn. We have a generous school site, with creative, bespoke learning areas both inside and outside.
The school is part of CIT (Community Inclusive Trust), a Multi Academy Trust comprising of special and mainstream primary schools across Lincolnshire, Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more information about this role and to ensure your suitability for this role.
The successful candidate will be required to provide enhanced support for two children, both with social and communication difficulties. Once a trusting relationship is developed, working with the children will be very rewarding.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Have experience of being a Teaching Assistant.
- Have experience of working with children who have social and communication delays.
- Have knowledge of the KS1 and KS2 curriculum to support the academic progress of the children.
- Be a committed individual who can foster, monitor and develop the abilities, social skills and understanding of children.
- Be a good team player with positive interpersonal skills.
- Contribute to the ethos of a friendly, happy school, in which the personal development and well-being is given the highest priority, and where both academic and personal qualities of children are recognised and valued.
What the school offers its staff
The benefits we can offer:
- A large, friendly, supportive and enthusiastic staff team
- An innovative, forward thinking leadership team
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people
- A supportive induction process
- A personalised CPD programme
- Access to the Local Government or Teachers Pension Scheme
- An Employee Assistance Programme
- Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme (salary dependent)
- Bike2Work Scheme
Further details about the role
For more information about this role or to arrange a visit to the school please firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday 12 June 2023
Interviews will take place: Tuesday 20 June 2023
CIT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, medical and reference checks.
Applicants may also be subject to a social media presence check.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Poplar Farm School
- School type
- Free School, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 225 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Poplar Farm School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Arranging a visit to Poplar Farm School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Maun Infant and Nursery School
Walesby Lane, NEWARK, Nottinghamshire, NG22 9RJ
Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School
Amesbury Circus, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG8 6DD
John Clifford Primary School
Nether Street, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG9 2AT
Keyworth Primary and Nursery School
Nottingham Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG12 5FB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed