SEND Teaching Assistant
9 days remaining to apply
Start date details
7 June 2023 at 11:59pm
26 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Part timejobs - 29.5 hours per week
- Fixed term - Temporary contract, initially from September to December 2023
- TSAT Pay Group 2 £14,182 - £16,750
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are seeking a SEND Teaching Assistants to join our supportive team at Brixham College. The successful candidates will support class teachers in the teaching and welfare of pupils in accordance with academy policy, to meet the Academy’s Aims. There will be a requirement to work with pupils with Education, Health and Care Plans or additional educational needs throughout the Key Stages.
This is initially offered on a temporary basis from September to December 2023, however this could change to a permanent contract for 2 days per week from January 2024.
You will be willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school, and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone.
What the school offers its staff
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing organisation during an extremely exciting time, with the opportunity for progression as the Trust grows in size.
- Excellent CPD opportunities across the Trust, wherever you are in your career.
- The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme and an annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy, Rochester Grammar School, Plympton Academy, and Brixham Academy.
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccinations, eye care vouchers.
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
- Free parking in our staff car park
- Refer a Friend scheme, where you will be financially compensated for referring friends to the Trust
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Brixham College
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1058 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Brixham College website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
In our college, all children and young people are experiencing a Values curriculum which places the learner at the centre of planning, learning and assessment. The Values curriculum considers their local and universal needs, recognising, valuing and building on the diversity and richness of the students’ existing knowledge and understanding, skills, values and experiences which already they bring to their learning. All children and young people are learning within a planned, flexible and differentiated Values curriculum, enriching the student experience here at Brixham College. The Values curriculum sets learning within ‘real life contexts’ that affect children, young people, their families and our community. The Values curriculum is enabling children and young people to make and act on informed decisions supporting them to live happy, healthy lives, now and in the future. It does this by providing compelling, active learning that is enabling young people to develop concepts, knowledge and skills to be able to successfully manage themselves, their relationships, risk as well as the challenges and opportunities (predictable and unpredictable, known and unknown) that they may encounter during their time at Brixham College and beyond.
Arranging a visit to Brixham College
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
The Spires College
Westlands Lane, Torquay, Devon, TQ1 3PE
Exmouth Community College
Gipsy Lane, Exmouth, Devon, EX8 3AF
Higher Ranscombe Road, Brixham, Devon, TQ5 9HF
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Devon, Plymouth and Torbay