Note: Candidates will be considered as received. Should suitable candidates be identified, we may close the vacancy early.
As part of Brunel, we are a proud, creative education community with a vision of no barriers only potential. We strive to significantly improve the life chances and outcomes for our children and young people (CYP), whether they are within our SEND provisions or mainstream schools.
As a growing Multi Academy Trust, now is a fantastic time to join our team of SEND education professionals as we look to secure a Teaching Assistant at Exeter House; an Ofsted rated Good, all through special school for CYP from EYFS age 4 to higher education age 19 who have PMLD, SLD or Complex Needs.
Your role will be pivotal to our CYP and as part of the wider organisation’s community network. You will be part of an exciting phase as we work together to meet the end goal of our Trust: to collaborate and build a successful community of mainstream schools and SEND provisions to ensure our CYP have the education they deserve.
The attached job description will detail your role in full. But at a glance you will:
· Support CYP’s participation in learning activities through play and modify methods if appropriate
· Provide written and verbal feedback on CYP responses to learning activities
· Supervise and provide specific support for CYP, ensuring their safety and access to all learning activities
· Establish constructive relationships with CYP and interact with them appropriately
· Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all CYP ensuring motivation and engagement
Our person specification attached will contain the full areas of skills and experience, but it is really important to us that you feel comfortable and confident in your role, so although you may not have everything desirable, there are some essential features our appointee will need to have and these include:
· Proficient knowledge in literacy and numeracy
· Effective communicator
· Be highly motivated
· Be able to follow instruction and work independently
· Be committed to supporting an individualised and flexible curriculum which promotes independence, flexibility of thought and sensory integration
· Be able to work as part of a team
Applicants may be considered as Support Assistants if you are looking to start your journey as a Teaching Assistant (please see attached job description and person specification).
Training: It is important to us to ensure you feel valued and supported in this exciting, rewarding and important role that you undertake therefore, relative training will be provided to the appointed applicant upon starting.
Hours: 31 per week
· 8.30 am to 3.00 pm (Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri)
· 8.30 am to 4.00 pm (Wed – training 3.00 pm to 4.00 pm)
· Includes 30min unpaid lunch break
· Includes 13 induction training sessions on Tuesdays 3.00 pm to 4.00 pm arranged by agreement
Interviews: Candidates will be considered as received. Should suitable candidates be identified before the closing date, we may close the vacancy early.
Brunel Academies Trust is a rapidly developing Multi Academy Trust. We value our colleagues and the effort they put into our children and young people day in and out. Whether through continuous professional development (CPD) to feed your ambitions, personal and impartial support through challenging days or exciting and easy to use discounts to enjoy with friends and family, we have a package of excellent benefits which are available to all employees including:
· Support on continuous professional development (CPD) opportunities
· Brunel Perks – exclusive discounts on a range of products and retailers from cinema tickets, food shopping and holidays
· Discounts with Swindon Designer Outlet Village
· Carefirst – impartial counselling service in person, by video call or phone as well as a citizen’s advice function for advice and support on personal or professional queries
· Excellent pension scheme
· Free on-site parking
· Annual pay progression opportunities
Most importantly, we can promise that you will achieve a high level of job satisfaction through the professional family community our colleagues represent; and the positive impact your role will have on supporting and developing our children and young people’s futures. Your role matters.
Potential talent for this exciting opportunity are warmly invited and encouraged to visit our setting to explore how unique and inspirational our children and team really are. In addition to exploring our school’s journey to success via our website, please contact the school office to arrange a visit to tour the site or/and have an informal conversation with a co-Headteacher via 01722 334168.
To learn more about our Trust and our mission, please do visit our website at www.brunel.org.uk.
Brunel Academies Trust is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people (CYP) and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check, references and medical clearance. All references will be obtained prior to interview in line with Safer Recruitment and KCSIE, and further references may be sought as deemed necessary.
Brunel Academies Trust is dedicated to the vision of having a diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that reflects diversity from the communities it serves. We value the contributions of all colleagues from a wide range of backgrounds and actively seek to promote an environment which is free from discrimination and harassment; which at the same time supports fair promotion and cultural acceptance.
Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010, Brunel Academies Trust welcomes applications from everyone and operates a recruitment process that is fair and does not discriminate against or disadvantage anyone because of their age, pronouns preference, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy, paternity or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
In order for your application to be formally considered, we require a fully completed application form in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education & Safer Recruitment. This must include your education history, qualifications with dates and an unbroken employment history from leaving full time education to present day (with gaps accounted for). Please make sure all gaps in employment are explained in the box provided.
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.