- £18562 - £18933 (term time only plus 5 training days)
SEND Teaching Assistant job summary
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant to support a Year 1 child with Downs Syndrome. Your duties will include carrying out specific targets from the child’s Education Health Care Plan, supporting them in class and during lunchtimes. The hours are: 25 hours Teaching Assistant and 5 hours Lunchtime Supervisor.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has at least 5 GCSEs or equivalent, including Maths and English GCSE A*-C or 9-4
• Has high expectations of themselves and others
• Is organised and enthusiastic
• Has a clear understanding of the primary curriculum
• Is a supportive team member
• Promotes positive attitudes to learning
• Has the ability to maintain a positive, cheerful outlook
NVQ level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or higher
Experience of supporting children with Downs Syndrome
We are a growing village primary school, with state of the art facilities and a newly built, modern school building in the heart of King’s Cliffe. We have a history of outstanding results and sit within the top 3% of schools nationally. We are located 15 minutes from Corby, 15 minutes from Stamford, 20 minutes from Peterborough and 30 minutes from Kettering.
We can offer the successful candidate:
• A dedicated, friendly team of staff, parents and governors
• Wonderful children who love to learn and have outstanding behaviour
• A creative curriculum that promotes outdoor learning
• A programme of continuous professional development that considers your area of interest and expertise
• Support and encouragement
• A culture of achievement and success for all
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and we are happy to e-mail an application form on request, or this can be downloaded from our website: http://www.kingscliffeschool.co.uk/page/?title=Home&pid=1
King’s Cliffe Endowed is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and medical clearance is required and references will be taken up for short listed candidates prior to interview.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Kings Cliffe Endowed Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Christian, ages 2 to 11
- School size
- 226 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
We are a growing village primary school, with state of the art facilities and a newly built, modern school building in the heart of King’s Cliffe. We have a history of outstanding results and sit within the top 3% of schools nationally.
Arranging a visit to Kings Cliffe Endowed Primary School
Please email the Head Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org or ring the school office 01780 470259 to arrange a visit.